Carbon Fouled plugs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
Hey everyone,

So i recently put GSR cams into my b16a that i have in a crx. it ran well for a few weeks then i put new iridium plugs and three days later i find it is giving me horrible trhottle response and idling really bad. I pull out the plugs to see that they are thoroughly gummed up with carbon. SO i go put in NGK-r plugs and same problem happens.

I've discussed this with this guy at my auto parts store who ran a similar crx and we've whittled it' down to the timing.

do you guys think that it could be the timing?
He mentioned that i should put a jumper in to prevent the timing from adjust itself back to normal, where do i run that jumper, if it is the timing?

It could easily be your timing. he's talking about closed loop mode where your ecu runs the motor based solely on preprogramed fuel maps, with no compinsation for the o2. At part throttle, your power would be worse. But the denso iridium plugs are nice, work great in my B16. soo i'd check your timing. then let us know. valves seated ok? double check your work.

any other advice, have people had this happen before?
what did it happen to be it that case?
this is a forum, i DEMAND a forum of answers. neh kidding on that last one. it's good to get more than one response though, and i'm not asking if i should get a b16 vs. a b18 or any silly shit like that.

Back