Carburetors, bitches!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the balance tube....and the vac port on the mani goes to the brake booster....

Yeah, I got the brake booster hooked up and the valve cover breather set up. Didn't have any line big enough for the PCV valve... that shit's like 3/4 inch line or some huge shit.

I'm gonna try hooking the vac advance up to the carb first and if that doesn't work I'll move it to the balance tube somewhere.

From an installation POV, I don't get how fuel injection is so much harder - The harder part would be the installation of the fuel return lines - But with them already there, you're talking about the ECU sending signal-level voltage to 6 injectors - After that you're just talking about the differences in sensors and maybe 3 sensors at that (For generational purposes, O2 sensor, maybe the knock sensor, and... Maybe cam-angle as well as crank angle ?

Sonofabitch.

The fuel pump relay is wired through the AFM.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 13 2005, 10:53 AM
Sonofabitch.

The fuel pump relay is wired through the AFM.
[post=553673]Quoted post[/post]​

Get a $20 fuel pump and hook it to an accessory output.

I have a new fuel pump. It's already hooked up and wired in to the stock wiring.

My plan is to connect the two pins on the AFM connector that trigger the fuel pump and if that works I'll just further hack up the wiring and put a kill switch in place of the AFM switch.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 13 2005, 09:55 PM
IT....

IS......

ALIIIIVEEE!!!!!!!

...:ph34r:
[post=554070]Quoted post[/post]​

MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!111!!one!!

so, its runs ok??

oh, and I need to find a keyed hot to wire the coil into. I ended up getting fed up and just sticking a wire on the positive battery terminal to the positive on the coil. Also I need to hook up a pressure switch and regulator in the fuel line.

Back