career decision move....

????

• stay where you are. security > the unkn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 26 2005, 10:10 PM
I got a business propisition jsut now from my old roomate from college. He's from LI and works in manhattan currently. He has been doing event planning for a lot of the big shows/events in the greater nyc metro.what would you do? thoughts? suggestions?
[post=451964]Quoted post[/post]​

ok here it goes... by the way, my name is nacho :)

1. if you are going to partner up with him as the advertisment side of the business, tell him you want in on the bid. Make sure that the business name and company is an Inc. between you and him. So the paper work will have both your names and your business acct. will have both your names.

2. If it's event planning for car shows it might be worth it, depending on what type of car shows he is thinking of doing... Or if its different events, look into how big the other events are...

3. Don't quit your job and don't move. If you can do it from your home, do it from there. If in the latter part he needs you next to him, then make your move. For now, since nothing is going on, don't move, it'll be like committing suicide.

4. In the end, its up to you. If you feel that you need something new in your life, take the chance. If you feel that you live comfortable in what you do, than situate yourself in what you do and take up on the offer, working from where you live...

p.s. to throw a show you need a minimum or $10,000. That's between renting a convention center, fair ground, etc... with security. Then comes cash prices, trophies, etc... If we are talking about car shows once again... However, there is profit to be made considering you are charging people to register their cars, selling vendors booths, and then the general public entrance...

So, good luck in whatever you do... :)

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jan 27 2005, 01:50 AM

If you had a curent mortgage, a wife or a kid...or both...then the best thing to do is to shot for the stable job...

your young, and you have no real ties or commitments yet...so give it a shot...

go for it.... ;)
[post=451998]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

this is not for car shows. i don't even think he has a car (living in nyc, who needs one?)

this is for business promos, movie stars, events, shit you see on E! and so forth...

to gain sucess anywhere you have to take risks... small or large just make sure it is what you wanna do and dont make comprimises.

YOu are not married, you do not have kids, what is there really to loose, if worse comes to worse go back home, and find another job.

I would go for it man i have had some damn shitty times working for myself but now times are good and it is a good feeling knowing that you are your own boss. But i would go in to looking at a 50/50 part, and get every word in writting ya he may be a good friend but money will cause people to do crazy things. If you don't go for it how many times will you look back and say WHAT IF?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 29 2005, 02:45 PM
this is not for car shows. i don't even think he has a car (living in nyc, who needs one?)

this is for business promos, movie stars, events, shit you see on E! and so forth...
[post=453155]Quoted post[/post]​

ah ok... he has roller blades haha j.k. :) damn, well good luck homie, in the end its up to you to decide whether to leave to the big apple or not... W/e you do, god bless you on your venture :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 27 2005, 01:45 PM
decisions decisions... looks like the board is split kinda how i am. i'm seeing the exact same sides that everyone is presenting... i just don't know which way to go with it
[post=452128]Quoted post[/post]​

Easy decision,

Never go into business with friends or family

Back