Carpet/flooring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Self adhesive carpet squares? Cheap and easy to install. You can make your own pattern and replace a portion if it gets water damaged or stained.

If you end up painting the floor make sure you prep it properly or it will end up failing. Go to a real paint store, not home depot if you do paint it.

Get some vct tile in a few different colors and make a nice pattern. The stuff is cheap and durable.

If you end up painting the floor make sure you prep it properly or it will end up failing. Go to a real paint store, not home depot if you do paint it.

Get some vct tile in a few different colors and make a nice pattern. The stuff is cheap and durable.

:Word: make sure you clean/pre-prime/prime.

And by clean. Acid clean. And use oil based primer. Not latex. Latex won't stick well enough, even zinsser.

Yeah.

And I'm not going to lie. A mancave with no ladies once in a while isn't really that cool.

I mean who is going to use the stripper pole? James or Brian? Come on. No one wants to see those skinny fucks next to a pole. (jp homies)

Don't lie, you enjoyed Brian in that skirt over halloween. :p

:Word: make sure you clean/pre-prime/prime.

And by clean. Acid clean. And use oil based primer. Not latex. Latex won't stick well enough, even zinsser.

Muratic acid is very good for cleaning and opening the pores in the concrete. It stinks and sucks to work with but worth it.

Primers can be bad for floors. Make sure you get a primer that works on floors, not kilz or the like. I would not use them for most floors unless the floor system requires it. Check with the manufacturer on it.

You could always do the floor paint and then put some area rugs down. That way it's still low-maintenance but somewhat presentable for guests...

Well I had an appointment for 5:30 for the guy to show up and give me a better indepth quote, but instead he shows up at 4:50, takes some measurements and leaves. I get home at 5:15 and he's already gone.

It's all fine and dandy except I wanted two quotes, one for the whole area, and one for half the area without padding, without the tear out/disposal fees, etc. Fucking ridiculous, I don't show up for 11 am appointments at 10, do nothing, then leave.

Picked up enough Ucoat it at Menards (kinda like a Lowes/Home Depot) for 250 sq ft... for 38 dollars. Hope to have this done in the next few weeks. Tired of playing xbox on an LCD tv.

can you get that U-Coat-It stuff at a home depot or Lowes? id like to do that to the garage (single car) of the house i will be moving in to. seems awesome, like a REAL garage floor. not just some dirty concrete.

you were about as scary as a woman as Willem Dafoe was

dafoe-drag2.jpg

can you get that U-Coat-It stuff at a home depot or Lowes? id like to do that to the garage (single car) of the house i will be moving in to. seems awesome, like a REAL garage floor. not just some dirty concrete.

I didn't look, but I'm sure you can. Menards always seems to be cheaper here though.

Anywho, I had my cousin and his friend tear up the carpet... it took them all of like 22 minutes to do.

I figured the concrete would be cracked and semi repaired, but it looks horrible. It's that rubber stuff to fill in the cracks, would that UCoat it stuff work on that or do you think it'd end up chipping it back up? I just don't really want to do this twice, but my cousin and Greg both say it should be fine.

if it were me. i would put down a layer of mastic. i believe thats what its called. its basically a thin concrete that you spread over the floor to give it uniformity and allow that stuff to adhere better.

or i would scrape all of that shit out and fill it properly.

check out the DIY network website, im sure you can find the information there.

I didn't look, but I'm sure you can. Menards always seems to be cheaper here though.

Anywho, I had my cousin and his friend tear up the carpet... it took them all of like 22 minutes to do.

I figured the concrete would be cracked and semi repaired, but it looks horrible. It's that rubber stuff to fill in the cracks, would that UCoat it stuff work on that or do you think it'd end up chipping it back up? I just don't really want to do this twice, but my cousin and Greg both say it should be fine.

Explain the cracks more please. Depending on how bad they are your solution might change. You could do anything from patching the cracks with mortar to spreading out self leveling thinset concrete. It all depends on how bad it is.

Back