Carrier IQ

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you only hear about it on the droid because apple does a better job keeping shit hidden in the background.

remember an article a while back about some guys that did some traveling and discovered a hidden file after they got home and connected their iphones, it had a full record of everywhere they went, how long they were there, who they contacted, etc.

why do you think apple is so damn good at advertising their crap and getting it out there? they know what their client base wants, not because of hunches and gambles.

I have a $50 pre-paid phone from wal-mart, no internet, fancy camera or any of that jazz, I use it to call people. They dont know who I am, where I live, or who I talk to.

checked the other day

it's not installed on my stock HTC Droid Incredible 2 from Verizon

hm...
never thought i would have to root my phone, because i never had anything that it couldnt do already.
guess i'll have to root it and find any of these programs and kill them.
htc apparently has a few more issues than others regarding information collection.

I think I read earlier Verizon hasn't loaded it on any of their phones. Its the carriers that are having the software loaded from what I understand. HTC a few weeks ago got busted for some software they where using in house to track information. Their is a piece of software you can ran if you have root that will scan for CIQ. Its called Logging TestApp.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=17612559&postcount=110

Most of the big name roms use the virgin android source from Google anyway. None of the flagship phones that google puts out have this garbage in them.

Most of the big name roms use the virgin android source from Google anyway. None of the flagship phones that google puts out have this garbage in them.

Thats true, Rom like cyanogenmod shouldn't have icq if they are official builds and not ports (i.e. From cyanogenmod official developers).

Sad thing about this is I am the one who started this topic, and i just went out and replaced the phone i got from metrics in September with a galaxy s2 on tmobil. phone absolutely has ciq lol. now i have to wait for cyanogenmod or teamwiskey to come out with something.

Back