cars overseas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stillvdubbin

Whats up all my cousin just got in okanawa japan about a month ago and says the cars over there are just fucking sweet. Hes been looking into prices and a skyline gts is like 3500-6000 dollars which dont sound bad. Does anybody know the laws of importing a car here from japan how does it work dou you gotta take the motor out or what. I know some of you all might be in the military and were over there so if you could just help me out that would be great. :) :) :)

Sorry man, even the military has to abide by the EPA/DOT regulatoins for importation, if not, I'd be binging back a BMW Aplina. For shipping, all you have to do is have a USDM cluster, the EPA/DOT stickers in place, and current registration, but since it's RHD over there, it would be a real stupid shipping agency that lets it pass, even with the military thing.

getting it here is cake.

registerring it, is not

List of eligible Hondas

MAKE VSP# MODEL YEAR
Honda 319 Accord 1992 - 1999
Honda 280 Accord 1991
Honda 128 Civic DX 1989
Honda 309 Prelude 1994 - 1997
Honda 191 Prelude 1989

Now that just sucks :(

Well I was reading up on the site mentionewd above and it pretty much sounds like there is no way without a fat pocket, If any one has had first hand experience with importing please let me know. Thanks for all the help and that was a great site AIRJOCKIE to go to.

Back