1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cars overseas

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by Stillvdubbin, May 19, 2004.

1. Stillvdubbin

Stillvdubbin Junior Member

Whats up all my cousin just got in okanawa japan about a month ago and says the cars over there are just fucking sweet. Hes been looking into prices and a skyline gts is like 3500-6000 dollars which dont sound bad. Does anybody know the laws of importing a car here from japan how does it work dou you gotta take the motor out or what. I know some of you all might be in the military and were over there so if you could just help me out that would be great. :) :) :)

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Sorry man, even the military has to abide by the EPA/DOT regulatoins for importation, if not, I'd be binging back a BMW Aplina. For shipping, all you have to do is have a USDM cluster, the EPA/DOT stickers in place, and current registration, but since it's RHD over there, it would be a real stupid shipping agency that lets it pass, even with the military thing.

3. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

getting it here is cake.

registerring it, is not

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

List of eligible Hondas

MAKE VSP# MODEL YEAR
    Honda 319 Accord 1992 - 1999
    Honda 280 Accord 1991
    Honda 128 Civic DX 1989
    Honda 309 Prelude 1994 - 1997
    Honda 191 Prelude 1989

Now that just sucks :(

6. Stillvdubbin

Stillvdubbin Junior Member

Well I was reading up on the site mentionewd above and it pretty much sounds like there is no way without a fat pocket, If any one has had first hand experience with importing please let me know. Thanks for all the help and that was a great site AIRJOCKIE to go to.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted