cars stranded need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

ok after i got vtec and all that working. that problem happened when vtec only engaged a little bit of the time.
but then just today i kept popping the 15A ecu, inj fuse. well i needed to make it home without waisting every fuse in my block. so i used a jumper wire. well then a wire underneath my steerign column to the right. a little wire burned and started smoking so yea my car wont start now and im wondering why its shorting out?

thanks

thats why we have fuses so we dont melt wire learn from your mistakes (or fuck up) pay some one to fix it you clearly have no idea or you would not have jumped the fuse in the first place

dude. i know excatly what a fuse is for and i had no choice but to jump it because with a fuse it kept popping and i HAD to get home.

but thats the reason some people experienced vtec only a couple times before they had to turn there car off. once i jump it the whole 10 mins it worked withouth frying vtec kicked in EVERY time.

find the hot spot. You're on the right track, but don't do that again. There are fuses that can be popped and reset, so maybe track one of those down.

Meanwhile, take that thing to an electrician or a Honda shop. You obviously have a short, or a miswire. Good luck.

i know. obviously thats not right but i had to get home. and that was my only choice. i think i only fried some of the sub harness under the drivers kick panel

seen it done on a Honda before.......one wire fries, you have six wires glued together. Sucks man.

yeah, im quite sure napa has breaker like fuses that you can reset for testing purposes. they are like a dollar or two a piece (which is why most people dont use them for every circuit).

:dry: gee thanks. ill keep that one in mind NOW that my wire is fried. it shouldnt be hard to fix, its getting to it that is the problem. its the little harness on the right side of the steering column. hooks to a white connector block.

Quoted post[/post]]
:dry: gee thanks. ill keep that one in mind NOW that my wire is fried. it shouldnt be hard to fix, its getting to it that is the problem. its the little harness on the right side of the steering column. hooks to a white connector block.

I just brought a p13 spoon ECU for 200 bucks. It’s pre-tuned to learn the car, but as not been tuned for a specific app. I’ve done some reading on them, but I’m mostly getting vague information. I have heard nothing really bad as of yet, but nothing really good as well. What do you guys think? I got this ECU in the first place because I got frustrated with my knock sensor not working and my vtec not acting right as a result. So I know this comp disables the knock and lets vtec engages a tad earlier.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I just brought a p13 spoon ECU for 200 bucks. It’s pre-tuned to learn the car, but as not been tuned for a specific app. I’ve done some reading on them, but I’m mostly getting vague information. I have heard nothing really bad as of yet, but nothing really good as well. What do you guys think? I got this ECU in the first place because I got frustrated with my knock sensor not working and my vtec not acting right as a result. So I know this comp disables the knock and lets vtec engages a tad earlier.

New thread please. This has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

New thread please. This has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.
Error in my post, thought I was in another thread I made this post coming from a 3rd shift so please pardon me.

ok i pulled the connectors out and looked. the wire that started it was the brown (maybe burned) with black stripe coming out of the main relay box. and as far as i can see it is burned all through the whole interior harness. what do you guys think. i dont think it melted through anything else so would i be able to run a hard wire from there to whereever it goes and fuse it and see whats up? or take it to somewhere to have the whole interior harness replaced? $$$ or what?

thanks

most of the time when ive seen ricers that install radios and things wrong and do similar things as you like metl wires it melts multiple wires together and shorts them put causing them to melt others also you will probaly need to go through the whole harness and pull this one wire out and inspest the wires next to it all the wat through the harness you wouldnt blieve some of the things that are on the same circuit that can be fried.

how cute of you to consider my car a ricer. id like some advice from someone thats not a complete stereotype.
how hard is it to get that harness out?

Back