Cars to Put My Motor In?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Integra Type-R. They don't actually have the same brakes, but rather the same calipers(that are sought after).

Just drive it home late at night or take the back roads if possible.

Integra Type-R. They don't actually have the same brakes, but rather the same calipers(that are sought after).

OK, thanks.

Just drive it home late at night or take the back roads if possible.

Yea, I considered both options- neither work for me. It's gamble and hope, or pay the $100 towing fee up-front.

Of the 1990-2002 Accords, when did they stop using the captive rotors? I believe that's what they're called when the bearing is pressed in to the rotor.

I'd like to avoid that hassle, if I can.

Thanks.

The rotor is still bolted to the hub; just reverse(hub over rotor instead of typical rotor over hub).

I think it's 98 and up when they stopped using it completely; though there's some threads on how to convert to typical rotor-over-hub setup. Non of the Preludes had this IIRC; I was actually thinking about swapping to Prelude knuckles/brakes because of this.

The rotor is still bolted to the hub; just reverse(hub over rotor instead of typical rotor over hub).

OK.

I think it's 98 and up when they stopped using it completely; though there's some threads on how to convert to typical rotor-over-hub setup. Non of the Preludes had this IIRC; I was actually thinking about swapping to Prelude knuckles/brakes because of this.

Those are both definitely good options.

Thanks.

Im not a motor head either, but I would like to put something under the hood. I have a 90 honda accord LX, 2.2 L, 5 speed. My friends say get an H22. I was wondering from which year, make, and model do I need to get this motor from that will directly bolt to mine

Any except the Prelude SH. H/F transmissions use the same bolt pattern(you can even use an H-transmission if you wanted to). You'd just have to worry about wiring(VTEC).

i just skimmed over the last part of this thread and seen something about the rotors on the accord, most people think you have to press out the bearing, well surprisingly you do not. still a lot of work tho.....take out the axle, and unbolt the wheel bearing and get a bing socket the goes around the whole edge of the bearing and lightly tap it out, then unbold the four bolts on the front of the rotor and it should come out of the back of the bearing without pressing anything

Back