Cars with to much power Stock. . . ( rant )

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have yet to meet an asshole with a fast car that can drive it well. My sissy green 93 four door has beat some faster cars because it is always underestimated. It's not real fast, but nobody likes to line up with it at test and tune. I ran a 15.6 to 15.9 and still beat an Olds 442 and ran door to door with a Vette. The mustangs were doing their best to jockey positions to avoid me. The SRT 4's were running in the low 15's. never got a chance to run one.

what kind of vette? and what you have in your car for people to be scared of u?

SRT-4's arent poorly designed, and they are fast as anything with minor mods - but they sound stupid nonetheless (Harley Sportster underwater). As for the EJ20, I'm not knocking what true enthusiasts do to the car, nor what the car CAN do, I'm addressing the fact that A) 85% of WRX owners think that the EJ20 is Gods gift to man, and B) The 'Subie burble' is not because their engine is a high-horsepower boost factory, but because the exhaust manifold is unequal length. Throw a header on a Subaru, and they sound like a turbo Honda.

I understand why the car makes the "boxer rumble" from uneven exhaust gases pulsating from both heads and hitting into one another - you can also hear the cams at idle go up and down like a V8 because of the H4 engine being the only 4cylinder engine with two heads.

My point was that the headers aren't poorly designed and they're rarely upgraded unless its a huge setup and someone is willing to pay $1200 for the APS equal-length headers which may or may not be proven across the entire powerband. Even with the equal length headers, some of the power curve may be lost at the bottom.

And a ricer is a ricer, regardless of what kind of car they drive. You can't help the guys that go to Pep Boys and buy a chrome exhaust tip or BOV.

just wait til i get my amg... or m... or s4... :D

but you are right, it is discouraging to see that people can spend money and get something faster right out of the box... but hey, its what i plan on doing next :p

Personally, I find that everyone under the age of 25 thinks their shit doesn't stink.
I know a kid with a bone stock cougar that, if you listen to him talk, can beat anything on pavement. What bothers me is people who think the speed of their car is proportional to the size of their cock. When in actuality it's an inverse proportion and they're compensating for their tiny wieners. If you think it's cool, rock it til the wheels fall off, but dont make it out like car ownership is a dick measuring contest. "My car would smoke that thing" who the fuck cares? Do you enjoy driving it and working on it and appreciating it? That's ALL that matters. I know it's hard to not let asshats bother you, but when you think about it, they don't matter. If you bought or even built your car specifically to beat or impress other people, you are a meat head with a brain smaller than your testicles. However, if you buy/build a car to enjoy and have fun with, you'll never be bothered by these dickheads. Beating someone in a race so that you look superior to them should be at the most a secondary goal. Not the reason you drive. That's MY rant.

not nessecearly they have different stuff done to them just it does with similar parts and you end up replacing thoes parts while your replacing other parts so what, every car has the same or similar parts replaced by different performance companies and different ways.

not nessecearly they have different stuff done to them just it does with similar parts and you end up replacing thoes parts while your replacing other parts so what, every car has the same or similar parts replaced by different performance companies and different ways.

Wow. 45 words, and not a single coherent statement.

I think the mods make SN's like that to make random posts for our entertainment. B18JDMRicerCivic, I say to you,
WTF?

he did use a comma and a period to end the 'sentence.

Not nessecearly. Most people have different stuff done to their cars, they just do it with similar parts. You end up upgrading parts while your replacing other parts. so what? every car has the same or similar parts just made by different performance companies and different ways.

I dont know what you were trying to say but, what ever it was, the way i said it above is probably close to what you meant to type.

Part of me almost wished i did make up accounts to fuck with the night crew. these guys really post shit like this. dont ask me why.

just a final note, i wish people took pride in the things they built and put time and effort into, and not take so much pride in how fat there parents check book is and how much of a baby face they can make. . because in the end we all know who comes out on top with a better understanding and greater appreication of life ( not just cars). Sorry this is just me ranting about random shit. . . im almost sure this bugs other people as well

My parents have EXTREMELY fat pockets. I chose to buy my own car, fix it up, speed it up and then take out expensive cars. I can totally feel what you're saying. I sure could go cry to my dad how my 92 is a POS and I need a nice new ride, but then you prove nothing and worst of all you learn nothing.

SO, don't worry man, most tuners share this exact same view.

Edit:
In case you read my sig and see my 98 and 03 car, I paid for them me-self :)

Props to totalburnout for dispelling (or attempting to, anyway) some of the misconceptions about the WRX and the EJ20.

You know, it's funny - the backlash against Subarus over the past year or two is very similar to the backlash that existed against Hondas in the mid-90's. Many of the same arguments, rehashed and thrown at Subaru. Many of the same generalizations about their drivers, too.

There were a few things that coerced me away to Subaru. The obvious was AWD, because I drive into the Rockies at least once a week in the winter to ski, and commute 20 miles a day to work. The other bonus was how well the car responded to mods. I was able to throw $900 at my car and gain 80 crank hp (well, probably less because of the altitude). Try that in many other cars in today's market.

The comment about "a good engine in a family car" is definitely not deserved. There are many of us who can't afford a daily driver and a racecar - some of us also don't want to. The balance between functionality, performance and reliability is what draws many people to the new-ish breed of sport sedans (and wagons!), and personally, I love the trend.

I guess I need to remember that this is what I went through almost 10 years when modded imports were starting to be seen by a vast majority of the public, and consequently judged by a vast majority of the public.

Enough of the rant. I'm sure most of the members of a Honda board don't want to hear it. ;)

Props to totalburnout for dispelling (or attempting to, anyway) some of the misconceptions about the WRX and the EJ20.

You know, it's funny - the backlash against Subarus over the past year or two is very similar to the backlash that existed against Hondas in the mid-90's. Many of the same arguments, rehashed and thrown at Subaru. Many of the same generalizations about their drivers, too.

There were a few things that coerced me away to Subaru. The obvious was AWD, because I drive into the Rockies at least once a week in the winter to ski, and commute 20 miles a day to work. The other bonus was how well the car responded to mods. I was able to throw $900 at my car and gain 80 crank hp (well, probably less because of the altitude). Try that in many other cars in today's market.

The comment about "a good engine in a family car" is definitely not deserved. There are many of us who can't afford a daily driver and a racecar - some of us also don't want to. The balance between functionality, performance and reliability is what draws many people to the new-ish breed of sport sedans (and wagons!), and personally, I love the trend.

I guess I need to remember that this is what I went through almost 10 years when modded imports were starting to be seen by a vast majority of the public, and consequently judged by a vast majority of the public.

Enough of the rant. I'm sure most of the members of a Honda board don't want to hear it. ;)

Well, not to drag this out any longer but . .

When the WRX first came out, i talked with some friends and we decided it was going to be the next 'civic' of the import world. I'd say our prediction was pretty accurate.

Well, not to drag this out any longer but . .

When the WRX first came out, i talked with some friends and we decided it was going to be the next 'civic' of the import world. I'd say our prediction was pretty accurate.
Truthfully, though, I think the WRX/STi gets a little more respect from the oldschool and domestic crowd. I don't hear as many snide remarks from those guys, don't get revved on by mullets on the street, and get guys talking to me at the drag strip with my WRX. The Accord brought me way too much unwanted attention, and that was with very few exterior mods and a quiet and non-fartcan exhaust. I think the "typical Honda ricer" stigma will always exist in some fashion (unfairly, of course), while the turbo AWD factory cars have given the Corvettes and Mustangs enough runs for their money that those guys are starting to take notice.

I think the "typical Honda ricer" stigma will always exist in some fashion (unfairly, of course), while the turbo AWD factory cars have given the Corvettes and Mustangs enough runs for their money that those guys are starting to take notice.

The import scene (and the spinoff 'rice' scene) began with hondas . . . so all the stereotypes stick with them.

Now that the company (honda) has not decided to make powerful cars to suit the desires of today's enthusiasts, honda's have even less respect.

Yeah, I know. I still think you're crazy for getting rid of it. :)

I hated that car.

Correction for Cash: The "import" scene began in 1985 with low-riding Corollas on the east coast, and slightly earlier than that with the Rotary guys on the west coast. Well, rotary and Datsun crowd.

Honda performance didn't come around until... east coast.. I would say 1996. Even then shops were thinking I was NUTS for building up my CRX.

Goddam... I've had that car for 11 years.

Look whos talking with an 1978 Ricercivic u don't deserve a civic u deserve a bike or a friken geo prizm u dum A&&!! Oh and WTF U STUPID A&& OH AND TO THE CIVIC GUYS THAT WAS JUST AN INSULT TO THE CIVICS FROM 1 OF HIS REPLYS HE HAD SENT ME. I OWN A CIVIC U A HOLE Klyph and alot faster than yours!

Look whos talking with an 1978 Ricercivic u don't deserve a civic u deserve a bike or a friken geo prizm u dum A&&!! Oh and WTF U STUPID A&& OH AND TO THE CIVIC GUYS THAT WAS JUST AN INSULT TO THE CIVICS FROM 1 OF HIS REPLYS HE HAD SENT ME. I OWN A CIVIC U A HOLE Klyph and alot faster than yours!

You have 2 options.

1) Go the fuck away.

2) Learn how to write a complete sentence and no one will bug you.

Fine, you have a fast car. Do you think anyone around here actually cares. The number of gsr civics around here is just unimaginable, the number of d16 cvccs around here i can count on one hand. Klyph was right. No one understood what you said, and he shouldnt get dawged cause you dont know how to write. Review your options and get back to me.

what the hell did he say?? I think we need a military decoder to come in and decipher it... you sir, are the stupid a&&.. err a hole.

Back