CartCT.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The real shame of it is, without a strut tower bar you can go into Stock classes. :cry:

Unfair as hell :)

When it comes to drifting, it's not that they mind you kicking the ass out to shave around a corner - they don't appreciate the showboating and carelessness that comes along with it. Also, you WILL tear up bits of the parking lot. When I drove the Supra, Kevin (I think it was Kevin) was my amateur-lap instructor. He complimented me on it because it wasn't quite a drift - it was a "rotation". Big difference.

Quoted post[/post]]
almost enough time to prep the CRX

I'm sure I'll bring it out for something....I just haven't even touched the car yet as far as upgrading anything and it'll be in NH until atleast the middle of March.

The Civic is ok for a DD, but I don't think its "competition" material

My Civic may be making a comeback tour this year. I need to get the tires back on it before I can.

actually, no you can't. cuz the s13 redtop motor you have swapped in was not standard equpiment on an y s14

if the guy who you bout the car from swapped in the s14 with the vanos/vvi/vtec crap, it would be legal.

of course, that is if it was 100% stock, including the side-mount IC.

OWNED.

youll be in SM, getting eaten by the mirage.

Quoted post[/post]]
actually, no you can't. cuz the s13 redtop motor you have swapped in was not standard equpiment on an y s14

if the guy who you bout the car from swapped in the s14 with the vanos/vvi/vtec crap, it would be legal.

of course, that is if it was 100% stock, including the side-mount IC.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Whatever.

who cares. you're a noob to driving, and no matter what class you're in, you're going to get your ass handed to you.

Don't take that negatively-- but its simple fact. There are a LOT of good drivers that go to cart.

on a 60 sec course, theres sometimes 1 second between 1st and 5th place in a class.

Quoted post[/post]]
who cares. you're a noob to driving, and no matter what class you're in, you're going to get your ass handed to you.

Don't take that negatively-- but its simple fact. There are a LOT of good drivers that go to cart.

on a 60 sec course, theres sometimes 1 second between 1st and 5th place in a class.

True True. Im doing this to learn to drive and have fun . . . i dont need a trophy at the end of the day to have fun.

Question about my vehicles clas again . . . An S13 redtop is a downgrade from an S14 motor. Thats like putting a first Gen B16A into a 99 SI . . .

Does that still mean i am in street modified?

it doesn't matter what year it is...
its a swap. its a modified vehcile. as long as you still have your interior, you qual. for SM. if you don't, you're in preparred classes--- and i'd suggest you fidn some freakin interior. lol

By Properly we mean: You can tug and tug on it and it doesn't come loose, nor does the battery tie-down become loose. I failed wintercross because of this (It held down, but if you wiggled it, then bumped the tie down, then wiggled it again it came out). The battery should feel like it's bolted into place.

Clean out the car - completely - before even showing up. Stuff hanging from your mirror, dashboard or exposed wires will get you called out. Remove any hubcaps and don't try to sneak a helmet by them. If German Shepards could be trained to read SNELL labels, they would buy them.

its' called insurance... because even you were an asshole to yoru insurance company :) so the rates are high.

Again autocross is understood by only those that do it. It looks slow, it's in a parking lot but I can assure it's the hardest thing to do behind the wheel.

Even harder, in my opinion, than road courses.

the rules are there for the safety of not only you driving, but me working the corner for when you hit 18 cones cuz you suck :)

Back