case of the mondays

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
well, a little backround first...

my family flew back to wisconsin for thanksgiving, but mainly to see my grandpa. we flew in on nov. 20, his 92nd birthday. my entire family(35+ people) showed up the next day, it was great! well anyways, the main reason we flew back was because he's been having heart valve problems. he's had atleast heart attacks i can think of in the past 4 years. one valve was completely blocked, and his heart was only working at 25% at most. he was doing pretty good when we came in, and it was a great visit.

words can't explain how much i love him. he's my idol, and we had so much in common. he was an avid car nut, and could tell you every single thing about a car, down to the inventors name and date. i have the same passion for cars he did, but i dont know as much yet.. he was also an aircraft mechanic, in which i am going to school for starting january 12.

about a week ago, my aunt called and said he took a turn for the worst. days went by with no word, but today, at 7:30am(ish) my mom woke me up with the news. my grandpa fell asleep and never woke up.

i simply cannot explain how much he means to me, and i dont know what i will do with out him. i was looking foreward to talking airplanes with him, much like we talked about cars for hours upon hours.

granted, he was 92, and he has lead a long life, but with him being around my entire life, and me starting to mold mine basically after his.. this is just really hard for me.

my family is flying back to wisconsin tomorrow morning, for his funeral on wednesday.. i dont know what its going to be like for me there, as i am in tears typing this.. sorry for teh long post, and thanks for your time!

RIP Howard Posselt 11/20/1912 - 12/20/2004

my condolences to you and your family.... your grandfather sounds like a great guy

sorry to hear the bad news man. ive lost all my grand parents. the last one was about 3 years ago, she was also the one i was closest to. its hard but life goes on. my condolences. sorry man :(

My condolences to you and your family also. What a great long life he had and clearly he was well loved. He will live on in your memories and I think it's really wonderful that he instilled such a passion for airplanes and cars in you.

"Our death is not an end if we can live on in our children and the younger generation. For they are us, our bodies are only wilted leaves on the tree of life." - Albert Einstein

So in honor of your grandfather, live your life well, be a great aircraft mechanic for him.

Jamie... sorry to hear about that buddy. I also send my thoughts and praiers to you buddy and hope you and you family get through this strong :) And i also have lost all of my grandparents homie so if you need my help you know where to reach me... Take it easy, good luck and keep your head up.

My condolences to you and your family, Jamie. :(

I'm sorry to hear such horrible news Jamie. :(

My condolences to you and your family, and I hope you get well soon. :)

"I know it seems hard sometimes, but remember one thing. Through every dark night, theres a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac

Dude, I'm so sorry I don't know you, but I feel for you.

My condolences also to you and your family

really sorry to hear about that. I have to say though, that it is great that you knew him that good. My grandparents on my dads side bith passed away while i was young, snd i did not know them. My moms dad passed away when i was 10, but he is still someone i mold my life after and is a role model for me. I still have my moms mom, and my dads stepdad, who are both very close and dear to me. It makes me sad to just think about the day i have to hear bad news about either one on them because i love both of them so much.

Today isnt so much of a great day for me either, as it will be 3 years today since my dad passed awway. I didnt have the chance to know him well, and it was a promise i made to myself to visit him and stay for a while when i graduated HS. Unfortunately in my senior year he passed away, on Dec 21, and i found out Christmas Eve.

Sorry to make a long post, just wanted to say, that i can feel your pain and really hope you can keep happy memories in your head throughout this, because i have found that has helped tremendously when i think about someone lost.

Old people die. it's what they do

but in all seriousness, living to 92 is more than most people could ever hope for. he's lived a long life, and obviously it was filled with love and a supporting family. he went a happy man. now, go on and make him proud.

wel i'm here in wisconsin, and we just got done with the funeral and procession <sp?> the hardest part was saying good-bye to him when the casket was about to be closed..

thanks everyone, for your support!! i realy appreciate it!!

indeed he did live a long and wonderful life, and he has a great family to show for it!!

Back