Cash for Clunkers fail

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Saw this on TV last night, sad, sad, sad. I hope whoever did this winds up getting their CFC car repo'ed.

Attachments

• sadciviccrushed.jpg
    sadciviccrushed.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 149
This program destroyed perfectly functioning used cars just so people could have new ones.

This also hurt used car sellers and repair mechanics (and hondaswapers), reducing the supply of used vehicles and their parts.

Its so stupid that you could have a 1990 honda civic destroyed to allow you credit for buying a 2011 chevy volt with comparable gas mileage and interior finishes.

Ireland still does the cash-for-clunkers thing. It's called "Scrappage". And they are thinking of making it a requirement. People on the radio and tele going on about how "They don't feel safe with their children and families sharing the roads with cars that are 10 years old"

Sheep.

Also, the economics of CFC was SO bad that I couldn't even detail it all here. And the 90 Civic is superior to the Volt in EVERY way. Including fuel economy.

This program destroyed perfectly functioning used cars just so people could have new ones.

This also hurt used car sellers and repair mechanics (and hondaswapers), reducing the supply of used vehicles and their parts.

Its so stupid that you could have a 1990 honda civic destroyed to allow you credit for buying a 2011 chevy volt with comparable gas mileage and interior finishes.

Yip, one of the bigger waste I have ever seen. People trading in awesome, paid for cars so they could get a new one and go back to being in debt, awesome plan .gov.

Shining moments in Obamunism :: Remember that whole "If your friends send you an anti-healthcare bill type of Email, forward it to whitehouse.gov " ?

Yeah. I remember that. I'm going to submit you !

i think those cars had stolen parts
and it was also done as a warning to others
gets the point across

if you WANT or NEED a new car, there is nothing wrong with trading your old car. it's just your fault if you dont' take the rims, suspension, etc off. fucking morons.

The idiots that decide to crush and destroy perfectly good cars, especially one's that are probably seized under some bullshit, should be castrated.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. I agree with the crushing of these and any other cars that are collected for doing illegal actions.

i agree to an extent. the problem i have though, is people who had the shit stolen never get it back. and odds are, the criminals will never pay restitution.

not really, lol

i would think in the past we would all be like ooh man, look at those cars, look at those parts
fuck da police
why dey be doin dat shit

and now we're like fuck street racers
at least they didnt kill someone, and now they won't have the opportunity to

that picture is fucking retarded.. has nothing to do w/ cash for clunkers.. it was a street racing car that was crushed..

:lame:
YouTube - cop crushing illegal street racing cars

Interesting that they were using it in a Cash for Clunkers story maybe it was more dramatic than some guy pouring acid on an engine. Regardless if this was one or not, Cash for Clunkers was a bullshit program that destroyed a lot of perfectly good cars, and only moved auto sales up, or back, and did shit all for the "environment"..

As far as the street racing, it's bullshit that they crush the cars, if they pay their fine, do any time they may have received they should be able to pay to get their cars back, or at the least they should part them out, or sell them at auction.

Back