cash for clunkers over on monday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
Monday night (August 24th) at 8PM

gov't has pulled the plug. out of money. if you or someone you know is planning to do this, do it soon.

ha, another false kick start to the economy.

"yay, everything is picking up, people are spending money, lets ramp up production! wait... what was that?.... oh, they stopped, well i guess we need to lay off even more people to cover the cost of the excessive production we have been doing thinking that this was going to keep up."

fucking retards.

This is great. Think about this...

What group drives sub $4500 gas guzzlers? People with no money. Can they afford a new car? No. But, if they take this deal, and sign off on an insanely high interest rate loan, they can have a new car! But they still can't afford the damn thing.

Does this sound familiar at all?

Poor people couldn't afford houses. So they were sold houses with ARMs.. The lender knew they couldn't pay, the people knew they couldn't pay, but the deal was struck anyway. The interest rate went through the roof, the poor people got evicted, the house got repo'd, the bank got hammered with a loss.. The banks suffered, the investors suffered, the entire economy collapsed.

Hey, I have a brilliant idea, lets fuck the auto industry in exactly the same way! Hey poor people, come get your brand new cars!

I predict that in 5 years, resale value on civics, corollas, focuses, etc.. Is going to drop to half of what it would have been, maybe less. The market is going to be absolutely flooded with these things after 70% of them are repossessed. The auto lenders are going to go belly up hard core. This may be the final nail in the coffin for a few auto manufacturers.

Last edited:
I fucking hope so, GM and Chrysler aren't doing anyone any favors by staying afloat on rafts made of our dollars.

thats one reason why i bought a brand new Ford Focus about 4 months ago. they are the only domestic car company that seems to know how to handle their money.

Ford isn't entirely innocent, they've taken some federal "incentives" too. They just aren't in quite the shithouse the other two are in.

I'm thinking about buying a Focus actually. They make nice FWD spec race cars.

I'm going to wait another month for the C4C to end, then when people are desperate because they're the only ones on their street without a new car, I'll buy it used. :D

imo. ford is good.....they started the whole "automobile thing"

THANKS.....HENRY

the only things ford has recently done that I like are the 1st gen focus svt (always wanted to do an svt wagon) and the lincoln zephyr. aside from that, meh. the lincoln ls was pretty cool too I suppose.

That new Taurus Sho doesn't look like too bad of a car...

here in tally almost all the dealers have called it quits as of Saturday(today). Only on e dealer,which is Kia is offering until monday.

a nissan dealer has recieved 3500 out of many thousands of dollars owed by the government. Apparently the government is taking its sweet time paying the dealerships back.

i though about it but decided not to. I'm sure we'll have another thing like this come again sometime next year.

hope eveyone got what they wanted with this cash for clunkers thing, I have 3 neighbors that bought new cars

Good riddance.

It also screwed the people who can't afford a new car and would buy a 1000-3000 car to get by.

Got to love our tax dollars hard at work.

Not only for the car its self, but for parts too. If someone needed a part from a motor in the junkyard, all you're gonna hear is, "sorry Mr. the government blew up all our 4.0's. Guess you'll have to go buy it off Henry himself." I really wish they would have done something productive with all the clunkers, like offered to sell them for like, $500 and an equally qualified car for those who are stuck in an 85 marquis. That way theres no warranty on it, and a piece of shit is still going to the scrapper, and the dealership gets more money. I saw some nice shit go around here. I was so furious when I drove past a mid 90's explorer with a beautiful body and paint with c4c spraypainted all over it and fresh dents. It was a really nice car. It would have made a nice winter car.

I'm sure they'll turn around and sell that S4. Cars that don't qualify as clunkers can be resold. At least here they already are anyway.

if they resell it for more than the $4500 they dont need the gov't credit

can't. if they re-sell it, they don't get the gov't credit.

A lot of dealerships are already giving up on getting the credit anyway. lol

Hell at least 3 places here are offering their own 4500 dollars cash back options on cars, and some are re-selling some of the cars traded in.

Back