cash for clunkers...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wonder if you can go up to the dealerships and try and buy one of the vehicles that was traded in for the Cash For Clunkers program

Itd just be heartbreaking to see an old caddy or lincoln someone had laying around, and decided they weren't gonna restore it, and they'd get more out of it by buying a new car. There was a guy with a 79 el camino selling it for really cheap, because he didn't want it to go to that. I don't mind them crushing all the explorers, newer than 72 k10s, and whatever the hell else they want, its the classics in rough shape that's sad.

Why do people all over keep assuming people are taking in cars that are worth money for $4500?

Chances are if its a hot rod, it will be easily sold for more then $4500.

Some people are stupid, but not that stupid, and if they are, anyone who trades in a worth while car I bet one of the sales guys would offer $4500 cash for the car and take it and run.

I keep hearing wah wah wah wah wah all these nice cars!!!!!!

Yeah, olds and buicks of the 90s were major kick ass as with many of the chevy and ford pickup trucks that are half rusted.

im not as concerned over the condition as I am the potential.

cash for guzzlers.
i wish we could see a list of the wrecker bait.
i fear cool cars worth $1500-$4500 are being sacrificed. esp cause sport/luxury cars have crap mpg. wonder if anyone is flipping their heavily discounted new car?

Top Cash for Clunkers Trade-Ins and New Cars- Yahoo! Autos Article Page

The Top Ten Cash for Clunkers Trade-Ins:

1. 1998 Ford Explorer

2. 1997 Ford Explorer

3. 1996 Ford Explorer

4. 1999 Ford Explorer

5. Jeep Grand Cherokee

6. Jeep Cherokee

7. 1995 Ford Explorer

8. 1994 Ford Explorer

9. 1997 Ford Windstar

10. 1999 Dodge Caravan

thats fucking awesome....

and on the flip side of that coin....the top 5 cars bought....

1. Ford Focus
2. Toyota Corolla
3. Honda Civic
4. Toyota Prius
5. Toyota Camry

Cash for Clunkers Boosts Foreign Car Sales - The World Newser

good job America, we are using tax payer dollars to boost japans economy. true light bulb moment, maybe we should make better cars. but what do i know, i have only had about 10 hondas and 1 domestic...

Last edited:
yes, but most of those cars are made or at least assembled here. So it is keeping americans working

Poor jeeps. :(

Good thing there are eleventy billion of them! :D

I want to be on a vehicle destruction crew. Giant woodland track with lots of jumps.. Drive it til you break the shit out of it, hop into the next, and do it again. You know alot of these car dealers are doing this before they glass the motors!

I hope they are anyway... Give them an honorable death. Crash derbies for charity.. They could turn them into a great thing before they overstuff the junk yards.

Im with you Phyre, wish I could have gotten all the Jeeps dropped off at my house, would have been some good fun.

There destruction is anything but glamorous. It is the equivalent of having your legs chewed off buy toothless midgets and being left to bleed out in a dark alley all alone.

What makes this suck, is that all cars that qualify as clunkers now have a higher private sale value, because people know they can get 4500 for them, but they want to see how much more than 4500 they can get.

Artificial demand increase ftl.

Back