Cash for gold question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have 1.6 OZ in 14k .933 oz of gold, @scrap = $563.115
.4 OZ of 10k .16 oz of gold, @scrap = $96.88
2.3 OZ of 925 Sterling Silver 1.9388 toz of silver, @scrap = $16.014
and 1 Oz of .999 Silver(1990 Giants NFC Championship Coin, not sure if it has collectors value) figure you mean troy ounces here, @scrap =$8.26

Giving you a value of $684.27, as scrap metal. If someone offers you 75% of spot, and you need the money, sure. Take it. At spot sell, you're looking at somewhere in the range of what was quoted to you.

Personally, I would have all of it melted, except the coil as long as it is cased, and keep it. Labor to do the melt is only going to go up as fuel prices rise.

My wife thinks I should just hold on to it because it was my dads. I don't NEED the money but I just figured it was wasted money just sitting in the drawer collecting dust and I could use to help pay to redo my kitchen in my rental.

I would think as low as gold is now, places would pay you market value considering the price it was a couple years ago. I am assuming it is only a matter of time before it all goes back up.

Reactions: tab
I would think as low as gold is now, places would pay you market value considering the price it was a couple years ago. I am assuming it is only a matter of time before it all goes back up.

And that's why they're not. Many of those places are running the margins so tight they're not really making anything but hourly wages. The company in itself only makes a couple points.

Back