cashing in my box o' change tomorrow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

565.0u812

edit: don't go to a coin star in a grocery store, they get you for 8%
quite a few local banks in my area have their own coin star type machines that charges no fee if you have a bank account with them
i was going to take all my change back yesterday, estimated in the $300-ish range, but someone broke into my old apartment and stole it
used a ladder and came in through a 2nd story window where the a/c was
left a ps2, 2 tv's, bunch of games - everything worth anything had already been moved to the house
once again, fuck thieves...

Last edited:

Attachments

• coin.jpg
    coin.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 149
Nice!
Were you saving it up for something in particular?

it was my 'rainy day fund'. you never notice change anyway... That's just my daily pocket change from about late 2006 or so. So, on average, i collect $250 in spare change a year. Minus the quarters i rob when i go to the car wash of course.

money is tight this month and next... and probably the month after. this will get my by this month, barely.
need to find something to sell or make some money for august.... :ph34r:

why not put yourself out as a hired gun for some bands?
or find a cover band that has gigs and needs a guitarist.
dont know how popular the music scene is in your area.

uhm why the fkc don't you make websites for people on the side

why not put yourself out as a hired gun for some bands?
or find a cover band that has gigs and needs a guitarist.
dont know how popular the music scene is in your area.
i'm not that good... lol plus i don't have pro gear. i wouldn't want to do a show with my amp. would probably overheat after song 3.

uhm why the fkc don't you make websites for people on the side

tried that. it ends up being a waste of time. All these mom and pop shops want e-stores with 3423432432423 products for $200.
it's simply not profitable.

And those with a decent budget, 2-5k or more, simply don't want a 'random guy'.... they want a company they can call on at any given moment.

it's already spent on my car payment + local prop car taxes for july.

i'm not that good... lol plus i don't have pro gear. i wouldn't want to do a show with my amp. would probably overheat after song 3.

you would be surprised. most places that pay for bands already have a full sound system set up. and a lot of people just bring small combo amps and mic them. sounds good. its efficient and a lot easier than doing what i do, carrying a big stack.
and you dont have to be great to play covers. but you do get to have a lot of fun. and you could always join an original band. find one thats already set up and has shows booked and looking to fill the spot.
they'll send you songs with tabs, or a version with no guitar for you to make you own to. i've heard the stuff you put on here, you're good enough.
just have to put yourself out there.

you would be surprised. most places that pay for bands already have a full sound system set up. and a lot of people just bring small combo amps and mic them. sounds good. its efficient and a lot easier than doing what i do, carrying a big stack.
and you dont have to be great to play covers. but you do get to have a lot of fun. and you could always join an original band. find one thats already set up and has shows booked and looking to fill the spot.
they'll send you songs with tabs, or a version with no guitar for you to make you own to. i've heard the stuff you put on here, you're good enough.
just have to put yourself out there.

my amp is ok volume wise (150 watt solid state 2x12), it just doesn't sound good to me at all and some switches have the 'dust' problem. like, moving the treble control from 8to 9 will cause a 20db volume loss and a huge CRACK sound. lol its old. at least 15 years (got it fresh year of high school i think)

The gear i want is mad money.... and it's an utter waste for a non-pro/gigging musician with a bus. 99% of the time i play, i don't even use my amp... i run my POD into my studio monitor speakers or direct into my headphones.

And the problem with playing cover bands is tunings. You basically need at least 3 guitars... 6 if floyd trems are involved
E std, Drop D
Eb std, Drop Eb
D std, drop C

and thats just for normal songs. We can get into some random open tunings, or even all the way down to B on a lot of popular music. it's not just hardcore metal either. even 3 days grace and breaking Benjamin use drop C on most of their songs.

and then theres the fact that 99% of the cover bands around here play nearly the same damn happy pop/rock top 40 crap that i'd rather hang myself with a strap than be happy about and have a stage presence while playing... lol

ARE YOU LISTENING! wooahohoho.

if i hear that song one more time, i'm going to kill a baby. jimmi eat this.

and summer of 69

and on and on and on and on...

car taxes FTMFL!
yeah :(

Back