cashing in my box o' change tomorrow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my amp is ok volume wise (150 watt solid state 2x12), it just doesn't sound good to me at all and some switches have the 'dust' problem. like, moving the treble control from 8to 9 will cause a 20db volume loss and a huge CRACK sound. lol its old. at least 15 years (got it fresh year of high school i think)

The gear i want is mad money.... and it's an utter waste for a non-pro/gigging musician with a bus. 99% of the time i play, i don't even use my amp... i run my POD into my studio monitor speakers or direct into my headphones.

And the problem with playing cover bands is tunings. You basically need at least 3 guitars... 6 if floyd trems are involved
E std, Drop D
Eb std, Drop Eb
D std, drop C

and thats just for normal songs. We can get into some random open tunings, or even all the way down to B on a lot of popular music. it's not just hardcore metal either. even 3 days grace and breaking Benjamin use drop C on most of their songs.

and then theres the fact that 99% of the cover bands around here play nearly the same damn happy pop/rock top 40 crap that i'd rather hang myself with a strap than be happy about and have a stage presence while playing... lol

ARE YOU LISTENING! wooahohoho.

if i hear that song one more time, i'm going to kill a baby. jimmi eat this.

and summer of 69

and on and on and on and on...

yeah :(

theres something you can buy to spray into the volume and tone pots of your amp and guitars to clean out the dirt and crap to get rid of that. i have the same issue with my fender princeton. and two of my strat copies.

find an original band. lol, most audiences wouldnt like the sacrificing of babies on stage.

but, i understand about the gear and money issue. i have an awesome stack right now, but its not what i want. would love to have a full orange bass rig.

how much do you guys have to pay yearly to keep your car registered?

how much do you guys have to pay yearly to keep your car registered?

registration needs to be paid every 2 years and costs about $75 + fees or some shit (totals out to about $90 i think)

car taxes come every year and vary by town based on the local mill rate and value of the vehicle (Assessment x Mill Rate = Tax)... so if your town has a mill rate of 27.50 then you need to pay $27.50 per $1000 in value... so a car worth $10k would be $275.00 per year... if you dont pay your car taxes they will actually pull your registration... so if you get pulled over you get bagged for driving an unregistered vehicle... and you will not be allowed to register anything until all taxes are payed up to date... and lately ive been seeing a lot of cop cars cruising through parking lots with camera setups scanning plates looking for unpaid taxes (or tickets) and booting vehicles lol

then you need to go through the emissions bullshit every other year... if you pass its $20... if not now you need to get the car passable ($???) then you can go through again within 90 days for free, otherwise its another $20... and if you dont go through before your due date you get to pay another $20 for a late fee... if you dont go through emissions you can not re-register your vehicle... any late fees need to be paid before you can register any vehicle or renew your license

but anyway... dividing up the reg and emissions over 2 years makes it about $55 per year plus taxes

Last edited:
I bet B jams up every coinstar in town with that mess.

Good luck!

thats insane.
and it may be just me, but i think its bullshit that you have to pay taxes every year for something that you own and paid taxes on when you bought it. same goes for property taxes for houses.

we dont have that here. its $10 for emissions, and 80 for registration yearly. no taxes on vehicle except when first purchased.

Yea, registration being based on the value of the car kinda sucks. Well, it wouldn't so much for me, but if I drove something new, I'd be pissed. We have a flat rate for registration, and emissions testing once a year for counties surrounding Houston.

car/house taxes are local levies by the city, not state. It goes to plowing the roads in winter, running the city, and providing the public schools for the most part.

registration needs to be paid every 2 years and costs about $75 + fees or some shit (totals out to about $90 i think)

car taxes come every year and vary by town based on the local mill rate and value of the vehicle (Assessment x Mill Rate = Tax)... so if your town has a mill rate of 27.50 then you need to pay $27.50 per $1000 in value... so a car worth $10k would be $275.00 per year... if you dont pay your car taxes they will actually pull your registration... so if you get pulled over you get bagged for driving an unregistered vehicle... and you will not be allowed to register anything until all taxes are payed up to date... and lately ive been seeing a lot of cop cars cruising through parking lots with camera setups scanning plates looking for unpaid taxes (or tickets) and booting vehicles lol

then you need to go through the emissions bullshit every other year... if you pass its $20... if not now you need to get the car passable ($???) then you can go through again within 90 days for free, otherwise its another $20... and if you dont go through before your due date you get to pay another $20 for a late fee... if you dont go through emissions you can not re-register your vehicle... any late fees need to be paid before you can register any vehicle or renew your license

but anyway... dividing up the reg and emissions over 2 years makes it about $55 per year plus taxes

and you guys say Cali sucks.. lol

car/house taxes are local levies by the city, not state. It goes to plowing the roads in winter, running the city, and providing the public schools for the most part.

pfff...
thats why they tax gasoline and shit like that. just another way for them to take your money and give it to assholes.

and you guys say Cali sucks.. lol

some places in cali do that too.

whats the tax rate on homes up there?

most of our counties blow when it comes to public schools. the county im in now has the best, and i believe taxes on homes are about 3.2% inside the city limits and a little lower outside.

whats the tax rate on homes up there?

most of our counties blow when it comes to public schools. the county im in now has the best, and i believe taxes on homes are about 3.2% inside the city limits and a little lower outside.

Our house tax rates are based on the mil rate system that E explained for cars. They assign a new value to your house about every 5 years. Every town's mil rate varies based on its tax base.

mil rate here is 27.7. but the mil rate is based off of 75% of value, not 100%

so, a 100k house
is valued at 75k
~$2025 a year in taxes, paid in 2 parts, july1 and jan1

So, your 3.2% tax would be $3200 tax on this house which is more than we pay :)

Back