Cast Runners?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Im trying to put GSXR1000 ITBs on a DPFI flange; problem is the ITBs dont really line up straight, and the runners are small on the DPFI flange. I dont really want to use spacers because it looks like I would have problems with the bolts that hold the itbs together(not long enough). My solution is just build custom runners that "offset-taper".

I'm trying to figure out how to build these though. I have access to a lathe but that wont work because the runners wont be round. Only thing I can think of is CNC($$$) or cast runners. I cant afford a CNC'd part right now, so I want to try cast aluminum or steel. Problem is how?

I thought about making a clay cast(one for the ID area, and an outer cast), and using Devcon liquid aluminum(ive never used this before); and throwing some salt on the ID cast to create pores. Will this work?

Any other ideas(Ill make a little Paint drawing)?

gallery_7527_277_19044.jpg

Also, im not sure of the composition of Devcon liquid aluminum, but its not weldable is it? If not, i have to use devcon aluminum to "glue" it to the flange?

Quoted post[/post]]
why not just use an mpfi manifold instead?

Because i wont be using the stock injector ports and the ITBs still dont line up that well to the mpfi manifold without spacers. Also, i dont think a modified MPFI manifold/runners will flow as well as a tapered runner.

The injectors i will be using are the GSXR1000 ones and theyre mounted on the ITBs.

Back