Casual sneakers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this exactly describes the glow in the dark plastic shit.

I don't understand why people think these look good. it looks like a wings west kit on a civic.

Have you tried them on? My guess is no. While they may look "obnoxious" to you your feet will thank you for them. Besides if you are wearing them with jeans or whatever most of them will be covered anyway.

I guess we see things differently I will rock my wings west kit shoes and you can go back to the 80's breakdance superstar II's .....again......Btw do you have the velour jump suit and Kangol bucket cap to match? :ph34r::D:ph34r:

While I agree that function is important, so is fashion in this case. Why can't they just make them more plain and not all "look at me, I go to crossfit and wear obnoxious tube socks in Argyle patterns and blue plastic coasted shoes!" crap.

I picked some super light underarmor shoes when I went to Cali. they were 60 bucks. not for working out but for walking around they are comfy.

you're a big dude so get something with some support and leather. not too much thin material. and no i'm not calling you fat. lol

you're a big dude so get something with some support and leather. not too much thin material. and no i'm not calling you fat. lol

I'm 6'4 295 and rock both of the shoes I linked to above. They are light weight and I love them. I feel like I am walking on pillows all day.

I'm the lightest I've been in a long time.... i'm like 6' and a half. (just shy of 6'1") and 235. got to 225 last fall when I was hitting the gym heavy for a few weeks, but I messed up my arm (have some weird tendon thing that just won't get better) and had to give it up for a while to let it heal. Spiked back to 257, and then got my ass back on track with eating and dropped 25 lbs in the last month. having the ex leave me was certainly part of it too :/ but anyway, I've flat lined back here for a couple weeks now and am trying to stay here.

my feet are shitty by deign, I have positive camber. lol I ride on the outside edges in my mid foot. I have leveler things for my shoes but they kill my knees so I never wear them.

my feet are shitty by deign, I have positive camber. lol I ride on the outside edges in my mid foot. I have leveler things for my shoes but they kill my knees so I never wear them.

Do you have a running specific shoe store around you? If so I would highly recommend that you go get a foot strike analysis done. During my summer job my boss has shitty feet and years of muscle/back issues from the work we do. He always bitched about his feet/shoes until he went and had an analysis done. The store recommended some sort of not mainstream shoe that fit his specs and he has been great ever since. Maybe you could try that. It might not get you to a shoe that isn't wing on a civic but atleast you could narrow the pool. I don't remember his specific brand but they are not flashy at all. Here is where he went in Madison where I live.

Endurance House Middleton

While I agree that function is important, so is fashion in this case. Why can't they just make them more plain and not all "look at me, I go to crossfit and wear obnoxious tube socks in Argyle patterns and blue plastic coasted shoes!" crap.

Have you been stalking my Facebook lately?

Jeez. My go to shoes are now bright yellow and blue. Always hated that stuff until I got a pair of red vans.

I love argyle. Had a pair of argyle Sperry's that i probably wore for 6 years. Always got compliments. They just seemed to fit me and my personality.

...but I only wear argyle socks and bright socks with my suits - not while I'm CrossFitting. ;)

The go to's depending on the situation
Allen Edmonds Delrays (a reddish brown color, forgot what they call it)
Allen Edmonds Parkways (Walnut)
Allen Edmonds Strands (Walnut wing tips)
Red boat shoes (Vans)
Reebok Nano 3's - Bright blue and yellow

Also have a pair or tan moccasins, brown uggs that are like moccasins, and used to wear a brown pair of Steve maddens and also Umbros that were real plain and innocuous shoes that looked good with anything.

...that doesn't scratch the surface of the number of shoes I actually have. I don't wear any outside of those in most cases though.

Comfort > fashion.

I really don't care how my shoes look as long as they feel good. Sure it would be nice to have a shoe that looks good, but feeling good is far more important to me.

Have you been stalking my Facebook lately?

Jeez. My go to shoes are now bright yellow and blue. Always hated that stuff until I got a pair of red vans.

I love argyle. Had a pair of argyle Sperry's that i probably wore for 6 years. Always got compliments. They just seemed to fit me and my personality.

...but I only wear argyle socks and bright socks with my suits - not while I'm CrossFitting. ;)

The go to's depending on the situation
Allen Edmonds Delrays (a reddish brown color, forgot what they call it)
Allen Edmonds Parkways (Walnut)
Allen Edmonds Strands (Walnut wing tips)
Red boat shoes (Vans)
Reebok Nano 3's - Bright blue and yellow

Also have a pair or tan moccasins, brown uggs that are like moccasins, and used to wear a brown pair of Steve maddens and also Umbros that were real plain and innocuous shoes that looked good with anything.

...that doesn't scratch the surface of the number of shoes I actually have. I don't wear any outside of those in most cases though.

This is why I like ya. You're a chick like me. Tons of shoes.

Lol... I have like 15 pairs of shoes.. will probably buy another pair after christmas

I have a pair of winter boots, a hiking boot, a gym (indoor) sneaker, a pair of work/dress shoes, a pair of sandals that I use mostly as slippers around the house, an old sneaker that I rotate out for yard work, and my current pair of casual sneakers just lost the liner, so they need a replacement.

Back