Cat-back Exhaust For B16...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

I'm going to be ordering a B16B complete changeover from HMotors fairly soon. I'm going to drop it into my '92 VX Hatch and what I'm wondering is this: What catback system provides good power gain while delivering a deep, throaty sound rather than a harsh, raspy, farty sound?

I've heard that GReddy EVO is good for a nice sound. I also heard that Skunk2's exhaust is a good power-adder but sounds very tinny and raspy. Please help me out here, guys!

Also, if I use the OBD 2 PCT ECU with the OBD 2 B16B motor, are there going to be any problems at all?

Thanks in advance!

tanabe hyper medalion (NOT RACING MEDALION) is rather quiet untill you hit the high lobes (have it on my car)
comptech's exhaust is supposed to be quiet from what ive heard
apex WS is very quiet
RSR is very quiet

The old RSR exhausts were dope, the muffler was a nice DC design and flat black with a polished calm tip. I would go with the Apex WS, I loved mine.

Milan

A buddy had a Greddy SP on his 97 Prelude which wasn't that loud at all with normal driving but would scream when he got on it. The Greddy EVO is also pretty nice. :D

world sport from apex'i
ACF7iXZuh.jpg

RSR, not a black one though
P0003549.JPG

another RSR but you probably won't like this one
rsrinvidia.jpg

Greddy Evo
greddyexhaustevo.jpg

DC sport "old style"
dc_cat1.jpg

Comptech
comptech_catback.jpg

Mugen -->mucho $$ but very very very fucking nice
itr_mugen_exhaust.jpg

I personally like the ES oval muff a lot

Milan

Oh esol you bastard, you found a pic of that old fucker, I love that blacked out shit. damn you....... :D

Milan

oh man, this is great. Back like 2-3 years ago I couldn't find any RSR blacked out muffs, cause they discontinued them for a little while. I came across one online and from the FFsquad but they shold quickly. Thanks for the link E.

Milan

Back