Cat-back exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HonCiv99

EK Swappa
So I have a skunk2 60mm catback goin on my gsr civ and the guy thats installing it for says that I'm prob not gonna be able to keep my stock cat because it wont bolt right up. Is this true? He just wants to put a test pipe on there (LOUD), I'm not feeling that. Sound is an issue for me where I live. Any suggestions?

Thats what I thought 2 but he kept arguing with me sayin it wouldnt..a test pipe would make it a lot louder rite?

he is prolly just wanting the cat to make money there worth 50 bucks at junk yards but yes a test pipe will make it louder, unless you got a real good catback

sometimes cats do not bolt up right with aftermarket exhaust..i know my boys car we had to actually shorten the cat,,and the other we had to lengthen the cat..but the bolt pattern is the same

He better not be tryin to screw me over...Yea ive heard you can get good money for cat's...Well if it ends up that it doesnt work ill watch him take off the cat and then grab it from him lol, and sell it myself.

Yeah, I'd tell him to go ahead and try to install it, and wait at the shop while he does it. If he says it won't work, ask him to show you why. And if it truly won't work, then tell him you want the cat converter back when he's done.

Also, how legit is this shop? Is it even a shop, or just some guy who said he's going to install your exhaust?

As long as the exhaust was designed for a civic (not a teg) and you're running the civic cat going to a stock location header, you're gonna be fine.

Keep in mind my setup is on a eg hatch. Maybe I just got lucky. I can't make any promises for another chassis.

No matter what...it is an exhaust shop. Tell him to quit being a (insert word) and make it work. Oh well if he has to cut and realign some flanges.

Yea it's a legit performance shop. They specialize in honda swaps and pretty much anything to do with performance upgrades. It's called Addit to Your Toy. I ordered the exhaust like almost three weeks ago and just had to be shipped to the shop and, still havent gotten it yet..slow ass skunk2...I guess it's prob back ordered. It's all good tho cuz my swap still isnt quite done yet :)

So I just realized that my HX's cat is built right into the dam exhaust mani. So I'm either gonna have to buy a new cat or just just throw on the test pipe. The guy at the shop told me since my sk2 catback has a resonater that it won't be that loud without the cat. Is he right?

So I just realized that my HX's cat is built right into the dam exhaust mani. So I'm either gonna have to buy a new cat or just just throw on the test pipe. The guy at the shop told me since my sk2 catback has a resonater that it won't be that loud without the cat. Is he right?

So do you have a GS-R swap or not? Is it still the HX motor? I don't know of any B-series manifolds that have built-in cat converters like that...

Back