cat or no-cat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by theb17guy@Aug 30 2003, 09:57 AM
sorry if i dont everything. emissions testing doesnt go on everywhere, you know

ok one more time for the thick headed fuckers that just cant seem to understand

it does not matter one fucking bit if there is emissions testing where you are from or not..... IT IS STILL ILLEGAL TO REMOVE OR TAMPER WITH (hollow out) THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER its a FEDERAL fucking LAW (that means it applies anywhere in the country)

if you get cought you can be fined for (depending on location) up to $5000

running no cat makes your exhaust smell like rotten ass
running no cat makes your exhaust sound pingy/rhaspy as hell
running no cat does not make more power than running a GOOD high flow cat

I was told that running a hollowed out cat is actually worse for performance because of the turbulance it causes in the exhaust flow which causes hella back pressure

basically if you have a turbo then removing the cat makes performance if not dont mess with it especially if you have an o2 sensor on it

Originally posted by aphex301+Aug 29 2003, 08:36 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Aug 29 2003, 01:41 PM
I think you may wanna think about a new mechanic....yours sounds like a 3rd-grader

my mechanic does know his stuff...hes just not one into performance mods and stuff like that...he doesnt know to much about import racing ...

...i wouldnt call him a moron...but i wouldnt call him a performance guru either.

:huh: So then why are you listening to his performance advice? <_<

Go to a shop that builds performance cats and ask them.

man it must suck to live in a state where they actually check stuff... i live in a small town called cuba in missouri.. the cops dont even know what a cat is lol. and for inspections, they just check your horn, lights, windsheild wipers, and brakes. sometimes its good livin in a small town

Originally posted by ilikepie@Sep 3 2003, 01:34 AM
man it must suck to live in a state where they actually check stuff... i live in a small town called cuba in missouri.. the cops dont even know what a cat is lol. and for inspections, they just check your horn, lights, windsheild wipers, and brakes. sometimes its good livin in a small town

Indiana doesn't check anything...at all...ever... By that I mean nothing. :D

It would suck to have your car impounded because the wipers only go 3 speeds instead of the intended four :lmao:

unless you want to waste time and money go for it, it dosent make a difrence you can feel, it might make your cel come on and have black shit on your bumper (i forgot what its called carbon deposists?) and it makes your exhaust louder, if your lucky flames will come out your exhaust :D but every little bit does help

alex

Back