Catback for an 99Hatch ITR Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

I need to get a catback soon...like tomorrow...so I can run in the Solo2 national qualifiers. What system is going to work with my 99 Hatch and the 99 ITR swap in it? I haven't seen a catback for the hatch thats 2.5". Don't care too much about the type of exhaust, just need to know which one to go with for fit. I know there will need to be some custom work done around the collector, no big deal. I don't have time for a custom exhaust right now. Waited too long again.

Aren't most of those like 2" or smaller? I need to find one that won't restrict my exhaust too much. I'll take a look though.

Apex WS2 is like 2.36"~ Not too bad I guess. The N1 has the same inlet but the outlet is bigger... 115mm compared to the 100mm of the WS2. Both of these seem to be good choices?

Since its you, who has spent WAY too much on the car already, I say go all out and get a Hytech Header and exhuast system. You'll gain about 19hp (dyno proven :) )

Originally posted by webink_EK9@May 23 2004, 10:46 PM
Sounds good. Where can I find them...my shop can't get them. Thats an awesome gain too. Thanks!!

directly through hytech. waiting period is 3-6 months

also, :moved:

via email? can't wait that long!! that sucks! And would that work with my hatch swap. The price is only like $1300. Thats not bad at all...well anyway, let me know if you think that'll work for my setup...I'll order one of those and in the meantime I'll get a Apex WS2 or GT or something.

i think the system for the civic si will work, or you can go to a local muffler shop and they can set you up in a few hours with a custom exhaust system, but dont count on big gains.

Alrighty, I ordered an WS2 from Apex today and have my shop looking into a Hytech header/full exhaust system that will fit my setup. Thanks for the direction!

Back