catch can HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Delsol94

i know there is a million threads on catch can setups but this is my first turbo build and i wanna get it right. i have a d16z6 vitara/eagle setup and wanna know how to setup the catch can. i understand i need one with a breather but i dont know where to run the lines, to the valve cover? black box? deleting pcv valve? thanks alot in advance. also on a side note is a new stock d16 timing belt suitable for 220 hp expected with my setup? thanks again!!

You should ideally have 2 catch cans. well, 1 catcher, and 1 breather.

the breather goes on the valve cover to the intake pipe.

Plug the intake nipple. put either a breather filter on the VC output, or run a real catch can that vents from there. This keeps the soot from getting sucked into the TB via the intake while still allowing the vc to release pressure.

On the pcv side, you basically want to intercept the hose to pass through the catch can before returning to the pcv so it sucks vapors out of the air. You don't by pass it, you simply pre-filter it.

I can't find any of my old honda pictures, but on my genesis, i'm using the AGP kit and it's pretty easy to see where everything is.

vc running to the breather instead of the intake:
262346_10150259174445606_579325_n.jpg

pcv intercept:
268589_10150259174005606_1633789_n.jpg

note that the inlet is lower than the output. this assures no soot can drip in and be sucked through... the top is all 'clean air'

im sry this is my first build can u explain more specific to my d16, like where the hoses would go? do i need 2 cans?

Ok i just talked to my tuner and he said for my setup to run a line from the valve cover and a line from the pcv valve to a vented catch can and plug the intake manifold where the factory pcv valve line goes. Is this a good way? And do i drill my pcv valve out or keep it stock?

That's backwards. The valve cover breathes.
the pcv gets an inline- catcher.

removing the pcv is not necessary as it will still work under vacuum.

Ok so the pcv valve will remain in tact but whats backwards? This will not work? Im sorry im still kind of confused

putting the breather on the pcv piping is incorrect. the breather goes on the valve cover.

The breather is on my catch can. On line is from the valve cover to the catch can and the other is from the pcv valve to the breather. The intake mani is pluged where the pcv valve hose went too

Sry typos. Line from valve cover to catch can and from pcv valve to catch can. Catch can is filtered to atmosphere

Back