Cats on hood

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

does any have any good tips for keeping cats off the car? i accidently drove off with a cat on top of my car, made a turn and it scratched the fuck out of the paint. also, during warm days, some cats like to sun bathe on my hood. i was thinking about electric shock but no ground=no shock. plus itll probally fuck up my electrical system.

How the hell did you drive off ACCIDENTALLY with a cat on the car. I could see doing it on purpose, but accidentally? Funny shit

you know how dark it is in the morning? and it was a black cat probally(maybe gray). happend at 4:30 in the morning. the street i live on doesnt have much street lights (only 3, theyre those orange ones and arent really bright at all) and the road turns right and i always go quickly down there(like 40-ish mph). i just heard i loud scraping noise on my roof, pulled over immediately and see a cat running away. looked on my roof and a few lines there. im about to get a paint job in a few weeks and dont want to have this problem again.

i dont want a dog because they make too much noise and they get too big. my car already annoys the hell out of the neighbors so dont want them to get more pissed then they already are(but theyve gotten used the car noise.)

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jan 18 2005, 07:00 AM
you know how dark it is in the morning? and it was a black cat probally(maybe gray). happend at 4:30 in the morning. the street i live on doesnt have much street lights (only 3, theyre those orange ones and arent really bright at all) and the road turns right and i always go quickly down there(like 40-ish mph). i just heard i loud scraping noise on my roof, pulled over immediately and see a cat running away. looked on my roof and a few lines there. im about to get a paint job in a few weeks and dont want to have this problem again.

i dont want a dog because they make too much noise and they get too big. my car already annoys the hell out of the neighbors so dont want them to get more pissed then they already are(but theyve gotten used the car noise.)
[post=447287]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe try some paintball training. I havnt had paintballs fuck up my car yet, but they fucking hurt. they wont (shouldnt) kill the cat, but it will get them off of your car. just keep pegging them untill they learn that if they get on your car, your gonna bust a ball in their ass. lol. if you need a gun i got one cheap 4 you, but most people have one.

I highly reccomend not shooting paintaballs at your car, they do dent your car....my car got pelted by atlest 2 dozen before and it sains the paint if you let the sun hit it long enough. It happend to me last year when i was gone on vacation. :angry: :angry:
But as for the cat problem try some mothballs around your car where you park at night. I know they work on other animals like squirles and racoons. Just an idea, good luck.

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jan 18 2005, 03:55 PM
or a more humane way would be a super soaker. they will figure it out soon
[post=447535]Quoted post[/post]​

eh, good luck gettign close enough running towardsa cat with a super soaker. with a BB gun you can be farther away, and it wont kill it if you shoot in the right spot.

No matter what you do, it'll come back a few days later. Just bash the fucker's head in with a bat. I guarantee you that it'll stop getting on your car after that.

shooting anything at it will scare the shit out of it and it will try to run, and the claws will come out for traction...

just call the pound or something lol

or get a "friendly" animal trap, catch it, and release far far away

id say water ballons would be your best bet. set up like a "Cat"apult and wiz ballowns at it is no runnin on the hood cuz if you hit it right it should just catch it off gaurd and push the bitch off

and just think if you have enough cats you could clean you car befor work

300 :toot:

Originally posted by civicious@Jan 18 2005, 02:06 PM
No matter what you do, it'll come back a few days later. Just bash the fucker's head in with a bat. I guarantee you that it'll stop getting on your car after that.
[post=447539]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

thanks for the suggestions. im too slow to chase the cats with a bat :( plus that seems sort of brutal. camping out there is out of the question...its like 5 degrees out there. i might just put mouse traps with pieces of ham on them. think thatll work?

ive already call the pound before, once they take some, more come. i dont know where the fuck they come from.

btw i saw them around the house and tried to hose them, but i guess some water had frozen in the pipes because the water pressure was low.

Kill one of the fuckers, then hang it from a stake in your yard. That'll keep the others away.

And as far as being brutal, one of them scratched your car. As far as I'm concerned, that means war. Just ask Bush.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jan 18 2005, 04:31 AM
does any have any good tips for keeping cats off the car? i accidently drove off with a cat on top of my car, made a turn and it scratched the fuck out of the paint. also, during warm days, some cats like to sun bathe on my hood. i was thinking about electric shock but no ground=no shock. plus itll probally fuck up my electrical system.
[post=447273]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahahahha were you drunk or half asleep? lol

Cats get on my hood all the time. I have two scratches on it. Just hide for a while with a super soaker and spray them everytime they jump on it. After 2 or 3 times of being sprayed they won't jump on it anymore.

half-sleep actually. ~4 in the morning.

i just called the pound today, but i dont know when theyre coming. plus it started snowing today so i guess they will come even later.

Back