Cbondhonda - on Honda Swap...gettin some learnins...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CBondHonda

Just wanted to say hello to all those who know me and that I know...and a little self intro to those who dont.

For once, I have now joined a Forum that I am asking the questions instead of answering them like on all the others...and it is refreshing....lots of great info here at the touch of a search button.

I was kicking around the idea of doing an H22 Swap in this nice little 94 accord ex coupe auto I just picked up for basically free..(and is in "Old lady NEVER drove it" condition)..and after using the ole' search button on this site....I now cant hardly wait to get the motor in.

Now that the wifey has an 08 Accord to run around in....its time to have a toy again...so I just wanted to say thanks to all who answered my questions without me even having to ask.....and Ill post pics once the motor is in.

Do most of you guys get your Motors from places like "hmotoronline"...I called them and it seems they have the best pricing I have been able to find?

And if anyone is looking to buy a Car...just Google "Cbondhonda" and ill let that speak for itself!

Chris

H-Motors is definitely the place to buy your swap from! Good prices and great customer service!

Welcome to the forums! :D

Welcome, if you need any information feel free to ask. We do charge after 11:30pm eastern time! JK :)

Alright....question time.

1. The 94 Accord EX I have is an auto...is it worth making it into a Manual....as long as Im not worried about crazy boost?

2. Can I get an Auto LSD trans to swap with the H22? Would it be a 4 or 5speed?

3. If I keep it auto, what would my Turbo Limitations be?

h22 auto transmissions arent that bad really.... better than d and b series auto trannies

Alright....question time.

1. The 94 Accord EX I have is an auto...is it worth making it into a Manual....as long as Im not worried about crazy boost?

2. Can I get an Auto LSD trans to swap with the H22? Would it be a 4 or 5speed?

3. If I keep it auto, what would my Turbo Limitations be?

1.) It kind of depends on how far you want to take the car. If you want it to be a serious performer and boost is in your futre, then yeah, I'd probably swap to manual.

2.) I believe you can get an automatic LSD transmission; I'm pretty sure it's still a 4-speed though.

3.) Honda's auto trannies tend to break under boost. It's not a for sure thing, but it could happen. If you're going to do it, I'd keep the boost fairly low. Like eg6sir said though, the H22 auto trannies are typically better and beefier then a lot of Honda's other 4-cylinder automatics, so you might be alright as long as you don't seriously abuse it.

1.) It kind of depends on how far you want to take the car. If you want it to be a serious performer and boost is in your futre, then yeah, I'd probably swap to manual.

2.) I believe you can get an automatic LSD transmission; I'm pretty sure it's still a 4-speed though.

3.) Honda's auto trannies tend to break under boost. It's not a for sure thing, but it could happen. If you're going to do it, I'd keep the boost fairly low. Like eg6sir said though, the H22 auto trannies are typically better and beefier then a lot of Honda's other 4-cylinder automatics, so you might be alright as long as you don't seriously abuse it.

Sounds Good...

If I do Boost...it wont be very high...I would just like to see that motor hit somewhere in the 225-250HP range...but honestly Im more concerned with Torque and keeping the wheels stuck to the pavement....and from what I hear you can get that motor to that range with out boost pretty easily...
(I/H/E as well as Fuel Management / Injectors / ECU)

Also, I see you have Megan's and Tokico...how do you like those compared to say Tein or others that are more costly??
Chris

Last edited:
For a fairly budget-minded spring/shock combo they're pretty nice. They lower the car about 1.5", so it gives it a decent sporty look without having to worry about rubbing or bottoming out all the time. And so far, I haven't really had a need for camber adjustors either.

I paid about $375 for the package. For a little more money you can buy the Illumina package, which comes with the same springs and the Illumina shocks, which have adjustable dampening capabilities.

Any other questions, let me know! :D

The autos are good to about 250 before you start burning out the torque convertor.

The H22 auto does come in the LSD variety as well as non LSD.

You can probably get into the 180-185whp on a well tuned h22 w/ ihe. youre gonna need more than light mods to get it to the 220-250 range on motor. Take it from the guy who dumped easily 10k into his slow all motor prelude (which was just as fast as my s2000, i might mention). Better to spend your cash on boosting and tuning if you want to be in the 250whp range.

For a fairly budget-minded spring/shock combo they're pretty nice. They lower the car about 1.5", so it gives it a decent sporty look without having to worry about rubbing or bottoming out all the time. And so far, I haven't really had a need for camber adjustors either.

I paid about $375 for the package. For a little more money you can buy the Illumina package, which comes with the same springs and the Illumina shocks, which have adjustable dampening capabilities.

Any other questions, let me know! :D

So you DONT have any camber kits??

I thought that was a must....maybe only if you go past the 1.5 drop mark?

Dont want to be ruining tires every 5k miles just because the camber is off....

To reik:

10k into all motor prelude and was just as fast as s2k, but not faster?

That Manual full conversion is looking more and more needed.....for what i want to do I guess...

The autos are good to about 250 before you start burning out the torque convertor.

The H22 auto does come in the LSD variety as well as non LSD.

You can probably get into the 180-185whp on a well tuned h22 w/ ihe. youre gonna need more than light mods to get it to the 220-250 range on motor. Take it from the guy who dumped easily 10k into his slow all motor prelude (which was just as fast as my s2000, i might mention). Better to spend your cash on boosting and tuning if you want to be in the 250whp range.

Thanks for the input btw.....

So you DONT have any camber kits??

I thought that was a must....maybe only if you go past the 1.5 drop mark?

Dont want to be ruining tires every 5k miles just because the camber is off....

Yep, no after-market camber adjusters. I just got a good alignment.

Back