cd burner help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
i bought a new cd burner for my computer as i broke my other one. anyways, i cant get my cd burning program to detect my cd burner. i use NERO Burning 5.0 and my cd burner i bought is a Memorex Ultraspeed 52x 32x 52x cd recorder. NERO would read my old cd burner (cant remember the name..bought it 5 years ago) just fine. i tried re-installing NERO, but nothing. anyone have any ideas of what i could do to try and fix it so i can burn cds? OR does anyone know of another way of burning cds (another program i can get...free being the optimal word. LOL)

please help me. thanks!!

Are you using the Nero that came with your old burner? If so, it won't work with your new one.

EDIT: For a (free) quick and dirty burner program, look up Fireman on download.com

yeah i am using the copy of NERO that came with my old burner. i'll give that program you suggested a try. thanks man :)

oh and if anyone has any more ideas...shoot em out too.

I ran into that problem when I switched burners. 9 times of 10, the software they ship with the burner only works with one model or series.

nero has worked with every drive i've ever tried using it with. maybe you need to install the drivers for the burner? what OS are you running?

If his Nero came with a burner, it is "locked" to that specific burner.

i was a dumbass!! when i installed the software that came with the burner, i forgot to install NERO 6 that came with new burner. :doh:

i installed NERO 6 and burned a cd. thanks for the help!!

Back