cel code 15... need help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mikey bottles

Prof. Bottles
hey guys, been a while since ive posted but ive run into some issues so i come to you once again! working with a 90 civic hatch, has a swapped d16a6 in it, its got the si dash and engine harness as well, the problem im having is it will intermittenly just shut off, while driving, but will start up again within a minute or so. last time it kicked out a code 15, which is ignition output signal missing or defective ignition output signal, could this be a problem with the ignition switch itself or is there something else i should be looking at? not finding a whole lot of useful information anywhere so hopefully someone can help!

i bet its the igniter, it says you have a 91. if you have any 88-91 civic distributors laying around the igniter is the same and you can swap them

sorry for taking so long to re-post everyone... so we think weve got it figured out, it only throws the code when it decides to sputter out and shut off, upon which it starts right back up, we found out it loses all fuel pressure at the same time, it has the wrong fuel pump in it.. instead of the strainer being off to the side (pointing toward the front of the tank) it sticks up and out toward the passenger side of the tank, so its starving for fuel, new pump going in this week sometime

strange. you should be getting a code 43 if you were having fuel issues. i'm betting the problems are unrelated. most likely you're still going to need a new ignition module.

well now it only does this at like a quarter tankish as opposed to half tank bc we turned the fuel pump off to the side (best way i can explain it) to keep it submerged in fuel longer, this of course being a quick fix until we get the new pump in the mail, but the dizzy is new, main relay is not, but u can still hear the fuel pump prime after it shuts off (turn the key to off, then back onto on position) and you can hear it prime, it def sounds like its 2 seperate issues, i totally agree, but oddly its been acting up at only a 1/4ish tank as opposed to half tank like before, honestly havnt checked spark when it happens yet bc weve been focused on the fuel issue, ill try that next time it happens

Back