CEL code 22 (vtec oil pressure)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicjaydm

I have a 93 civic with a b16 swap. I put in a vafc2 and it threw a code 21 and 22. I took it out and now it is throwing a code 22. I did all of the check the haynes manuel says to do and it is still on. there is a rev limiter at 6500. HELP!!!!!

did you have the code before you wired in the vafc?

if not, chances are you wired something wrong- and when you removed it, you removed it wrong too. double check that

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 1 2005, 03:38 PM
did you have the code before you wired in the vafc?

if not, chances are you wired something wrong- and when you removed it, you removed it wrong too. double check that
[post=454630]Quoted post[/post]​

it did not throw a code untill i installed the vafc. After i took it out, i reconnected all of the wires the way that they should be. I did pull the back up fuse and unhooked the ecu for about 20 min and it still is throwing a code. I check for continuity and everything and i still cannot figure it out.

turn the car on, and drive it around under 4k rpms for a little bit.. see if it clears it. do NOT attempt to hit vtec.

when you get back home, remove neg bat terminal, turn on lights, turn off lights (drains the system of any left over current) and put the negative batter back on.

turn key to "on" position, and see if the light goes away.

if it does, go out again, and this time attempt the hit vtec.
if, at 4800 rpms, or whatever ecu you have says its vtec time, and it fails- its NOT the sensor nor the wiring- it means its not getting enough oil pressure.

go home. turn the car off.
check your oil level, your filter, hell, change both.

then repeat the above again.

if you still have the same problem, you might have a problem with your oil pump or bearing clearences

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 1 2005, 04:06 PM
turn the car on, and drive it around under 4k rpms for a little bit.. see if it clears it. do NOT attempt to hit vtec.

when you get back home, remove neg bat terminal, turn on lights, turn off lights (drains the system of any left over current) and put the negative batter back on.

turn key to "on" position, and see if the light goes away.

if it does, go out again, and this time attempt the hit vtec.
if, at 4800 rpms, or whatever ecu you have says its vtec time, and it fails- its NOT the sensor nor the wiring- it means its not getting enough oil pressure.

go home. turn the car off.
check your oil level, your filter, hell, change both.

then repeat the above again.

if you still have the same problem, you might have a problem with your oil pump or bearing clearences
[post=454642]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks for your help, im going to try that right now. I'll let you know how it turns out

"go home. turn the car off.
check your oil level, your filter, hell, change both."

QUICK QUESTION... can there be too much oil? I put 5 quarts in and the vtec hit the first couple days. now it wont hit.

its possible... but even if its not- take out a wuart. christ. you shouldn't even be asking these types of questions :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 22 2005, 01:20 PM
its possible... but even if its not- take out a wuart. christ. you shouldn't even be asking these types of questions :D
[post=464565]Quoted post[/post]​

:shrug2: :bonk:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 22 2005, 01:20 PM
[post=464565]Quoted post[/post]​

LADYS AND GENTS WE HAVE VTEC! well i fixed the problem. it was the speed sensor that was loose from the g.cluster. i never would of guessed. sorry i asked the stupid question but hey thats how you learn right? Thanks again

Back