1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cel code 7, 10, and 14

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by masterfulmreric, Feb 4, 2012.

1. masterfulmreric

masterfulmreric New Member

I have an ef with a b18a1 swapped in and now the timing is right i have all these codes being thrown. And the throttle response is so slow that i can have it floored before the engine catches up with it. Can anybody please tell me how to fix this problem Please help me.
  2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

Colorado Springs
    code 7 is for the TPS - probably why you have problem with throttle - was this a DPFI car converted to MPFI? - if so, were the wires switched on the TPS connector?

code 10 for Intake Air Temp and code 14 for Electronic Air Control Valve - usually when these codes show up together it means that the connectors are swapped - the IAT connector has 2-wires, one red with white stripe and one green with white stripe - the EACV connector also has 2 wires, one blue with yellow stripe and one black with yellow stripe - if the car was originally DPFI, the EACV connector is green in color - the IAT connector is white
Draft saved Draft deleted