cel code problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

icon1.gif
ive tried but im confused with all the flashes

heres the video i made

MVI_1795.flv video by platinumbaby05 - Photobucket

From your video, I saw the following codes:

Use the ECU Error Code link to see which ones they are. They are laid out in numerical order.

ok i gather that too.
im not far off , ive sorted 65 &54
20 i wont get right unless i change the under dash fuse box im guessing here .
but why would a d16y8 need a vtec pressure switch !! also i notice when i rev the engine pass 5000 it bogs out as its not getting enough fuel or the vtec should kick ...could that be the tps sensor ??? is there a link with the oil pressure sensor and vtec oil pressure ??
thanks for your help so far cuz

Last edited:
D16Y8's are vtec. If the vtec switch or sol. is bad, it won't activate. Could explain the code and the "bogging" over 5k. Look into it and either replace it or test it or clean it. There have been articles on doing that stuff posted on here. Just search for it.

ive checked the vtec solenoid and it clicking ok .cleaned it but the code is still there, its got me bogged out cuz,
ok i gotta do some more digging but i think theres a link with oil pressure and vtec oil pressure. so im going to change the oil pressure switch its a pain to get to but i'll try . the other thing i read was the z6 oil pump is better than y8 . do you know of that ?
im also using a aftermarket oil filter instead of a oem type can see that affecting the vtec pressure ???
dang , imma strip down the entire wiring and start again ...
if you come up with anything let me know .
thanks

only thing i really heard about the z6 oil pump is that it is higher volume, correct me if i am wrong. and oil filter shouldn't really affect it. i had the same problem with my y8. my solenoid was clicking so i thought it was good but it wasnt , got one of ebay and that was it

hey , a new cel codes ,
9 long 1 short
6 long & 5 short and 2 long,
so how do i fix the cel 65 i can find and info except for ffs tec net ...which is not clear enough, imo. is there any other links

to be honest the civic ek3 4drs here comes in 1.5 cc ls or lx trim no ex . only ek4 b16a2 4dr .

.i just wanted to know if the 96 ex sedans carry two 02 sensors ?
if so is the one underneath the car had one wire of four ?

Back