cel help please!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kell211

i was getting a cel for my intake air temp., so i went looking for it only to find there isn't one plugged in. there is absolutely no place to plug it into the intake i have, which doesn't look to be after market, but i don't know for sure. is there any honda manifold that doesn't have a iat sensor? by the way i pluged an extra sensor into the wire for the iat and the code went off. so i guess my real question is what all does that sensor do and can i go without one. i could just plug in the sensor to the wire to get rid of the cel, but i have no idea what problems that might cause. someone said on another thread that if you are throwing any cel's then your car will go into limp mode, it this is true i have other cel questions because mine is throwing the automatic lock up selinoid(or however you spell that word) code also, and my car has been converted to manual. so i my p28 for an automatic? any way i'm lost please help.

i was getting a cel for my intake air temp., so i went looking for it only to find there isn't one plugged in.

:doh:

there is absolutely no place to plug it into the intake i have, which doesn't look to be after market, but i don't know for sure. is there any honda manifold that doesn't have a iat sensor?

the IAT is not on the intake. its on the throttle body or intake manifold.

by the way i pluged an extra sensor into the wire for the iat and the code went off.

odd... it still should have thrown a code.

so i guess my real question is what all does that sensor do and can i go without one.

it does just what it says. its a thermometer basically... and tells the engine what kind of air its getting so it can make some adjustment to the fuel based on temp. as we all know, colder air makes more power, because its more desnde, and thus more of it in a given volume.

i could just plug in the sensor to the wire to get rid of the cel, but i have no idea what problems that might cause.

don't do it. every sensor is there for a reason.

someone said on another thread that if you are throwing any cel's then your car will go into limp mode, it this is true i have other cel questions because mine is throwing the automatic lock up selinoid(or however you spell that word) code also,

yes its true.
and my car has been converted to manual. so i my p28 for an automatic? any way i'm lost please help.

:emofo:

what did you try to say? lol

if you have a p28 auto ECU, you can convert it to manual. pills did a good write up on it. https://hondaswap.com/~pills/autotomanual.html

or, you can dish out $125 for a manual p28 and plug it in.

sorry about the typing, i may have been drinking at the time. when i said intake, i mean't intake manifold. that's where i've been looking for a place to plug it in. my throttle body is a bbk 70mm and i didn't see anywhere to put it there either. who ever originally built this motor didn't hook it up on purpose, cause the wire for it was zip tied down to get it out of the way. since this was obviously done intentionally, wtf. on the b16a1 does the iat normally go to; where? if it normally goes to the stock throttly body, maybe that's why i don't have a place? is there anybody running a 16a1 that might know?

Back