Cel Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joe654891

Hello all,

I'm new to this board ( only posted a few times) and was wondering if any of you can help me out.

I just got my 1st CEL yesterday and unfortunately, I don't know what code it is because I do not have an OBD1 scanner. I'm going to get it checked today when and if I get time. What happens is when I'm at cruising/highway speeds, the CEL comes on (it's just a steady CEL and not the flashing kind). It's just a CEL and it doesn't seem to affect the driving conditions what-so-ever. And it doesn't go into "limp mode" either. It goes away after a key reset (turning off the car) but comes back after 20 - 25 miles of driving. I did a check over on the car but didn't find anything out of wack. Has anyone of you experienced this before. Thanks in advance...

~joe

BTW I have a 94 hatch and a 95 gsr motor with itr pistons and itr cams and the rest is all stock if at all this info matters...

Thanks a lot maasey. I really appreciate it. Anither question though. What if you have multiple codes. Will it pause after every one it shows? This is what I'm getting from the "light show"...it flashes rapidly 8 times and then a long pause then it flashes 2 slower times and a brief pause and flashes 3 times. So if I'm getting this correctly, I have two codes right? the first code being an 8 and the second being a 23??? can anyone please clarify?!? Thanks...

~joe

Yes there should be a discernable pause between CEL's. Sounds like you have a 8 and a 23 which is TDC sensor (8) and knock sensor (23).

Yeah, I kinda figured...I guess I'll have to start troubleshooting. Hopefully the knock sensor just came loose and the tdc sensor I'll just replace. Thanks for all the help/insight fellas... :worthy:

~joe

Back