CEL not on with key in ON position

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nicky

My engine light doesn't come on when the key is in the ON position before starting.

When I go crank it blows the 40amp ING fuse in the engine bay.

After the swap (auto to manual B16a1 into 1999 civic DX with a EX manual EWH) the car never started over cranking it with the key. So had to use a manual method which worked.

For the past two weeks the car has been running fine minus the part where I've been having to start the car up manually by jumping the starter with a push switch. Like shown in the video instead of the loop I would put a switch in there and run it to the inside of the car and start it that way with the key in the ON position.

YouTube - Honda Civic Starter Test

So now all of a sudden the battery died out on me. And seems like there is a full circuit somewhere in the car or EWH. Because when I used the multimeter to check for closed and open circuit. I touched the + - and there was a closed circuit when there shouldn't be one. I pulled the horn fuse and the circuit from the + - terminals were no longer there. I thought that was my problem.

When I went to hook everything up, and tried starting it with the key the 40amp ING fuse blew. Put in another one and pushed the start switch and when I did that the SRS, Seat belt, handbrake light comes on the speedo and stays on which I think is what has been using the battery.

I do not know where to start, what you guys think might be the cause? Any input would be helpful.

Thanks

Back