CEL Six wont go away!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Skelly

Im throwing cel code 6 (engine coolant temperature sensor) so I replaced the sensor and I went to check the code using my stock cx ecu and its gone, but when I put any of my two chipped p28s in its trips the code again, I cant handle this I swear im just going to sell my car and be done with it :mad:

Check the pin outs on a wiring harness schematic, i bet they are different on the CX and the P28 Ecu's

Im not quite sure I understand what youre caying, I looked and it seems like all OBD1 pinouts are the same, but I could be wrong, hopefully I am

did you replace the correct sensor? on end of head below distributor with 2-wire connector

Still having this problem, what would cause a code to keep coming up even after I replaced the sensor with a new one and reset the ecu?

Well I spliced the ECT sensor directly to the ecu and put some electrical grease on the connector so now that problem is solved, for now anyways but Im sure itll come back....

So anyways now when I plug a p28 in with j1 cut the cel is off, but as soon as I reconnect j1 the cel comes back on, how do I fix that?

EDIT code 6 and 1 came back :cry:

maybe ur jumper harness has the wrong wire goin to it?....or did u hard wire those wires directly to the pin holes?

Back