1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cel throwing codes 19 and 21...help needed

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by zach_teg_king, Feb 12, 2010.

1. zach_teg_king

zach_teg_king jdmzach "country boy"

im running a mini me setup in my 95 ej2, it starts and runs good when its stationary, but when i try to drive, it starts sputtering/bogging and wont go over 3k rpms? i dont have the vtec hooked up yet, and im using a p28ecu...could this be my problem? i have a spare p06 ecu laying around, if that may fix it? help me please

2. 90_EF_Hatch

90_EF_Hatch Señor Member

have you ever considered a HAYNES or chilton manual? its actually extremely helpful when it comes to diagnosing a problem ... and i only had to pay like $25

also from the other posts i have seen from you ...

It will show the location of all the sensors and everything you were wondering about. I also think you should get the proper wiring harness ... one from a z6 not an a6

on that note i had a 90 hatch with z6 running solely on the a6 harness and it ran fine.

idk just throwing out some ideas

3. zach_teg_king

zach_teg_king jdmzach "country boy"

if i could afford a haynes or chilton, i wouldnt be asking the e-mechanics of hondaswap, now would i? i had a a6 z6 mini me before, that was in my crx, but it was swapped and running good when i got it, so i didnt have to go thru this mess. i just installed this swap, and just got it to run, i just have to take my time and work out the bugs. i heard that my motor could be full of air...does this make any sense? if so, how do i relieve the air or bleed the system?

4. 90_EF_Hatch

90_EF_Hatch Señor Member

Idk ive never heard of the air in the motor thing. that sounds kinda dumb to me though no offense.

but i think you would spend more money trying to solve a mystery problem then you would buying a manual.

My manual is for a 93 integra but im sure the principles behind the diagnostics are probably the same.

If your stumbling on acceleration you should check your fuel system (fuel filter, spark plug, fuel injectors). Make sure you have correct ignition timing, and check for Intake manifold air leaks.

5. pooksy64

pooksy64 RidetilldeathdousparT

what can be full of air?? bleed what?? more info what have u looked/checked out ??

6. SiR Master

SiR Master New Member

Hey,

Do yourself a favour install the proper ECU for the motor, start there. And again manuals are cheap you need one go get it! Engines don't fill up with "air" you need to go through things slowly and rule out all the possibilities.

7. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

What about actually addressing the CODES???? Sounds like made a mistake and installed an AT ECU (which wont work unless it has been chipped and modified) And YES VTEC needs to be hooked up.....thats code 21.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted