CEL W/Vafc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

buzz1167

Anyone know why you would get a code 13 with a Vafc? I don't even really know what the barometric pressure sensor does for you, (other than measure the baro pressure) It happens about once every 2 days, I've tried changing the settings to more "Normal" ones where they are the same all the way across, but it doesn't stop throwing the code. The car doesn't run particularly bad after the light comes on, but its annoying and it does make the ride jerkier. I have all my connections soldered in place so its not from loose connections.

Any ideas?
If any of you know a "fix" for the barometric sensor I'd be willing to go that route also.

Thanks,

baro = map sensor.... and since the vafc effectively alters the map input- it sounds liek you wired it wrong.

The BARO sensor AKA PA sensor is used for reading atmospheric pressure... It's that black box inside your ECU if your ECU is equipped with one... I'd say you have a bad unit if it only happens every couple of days... It can be replaced fairly easily... What kind of ECU are you running? If it's OBD1 you can disable the PA sensor altogether which will eliminate this problem...

Also what elevation are you at?

Baro = map sensor????? If I had it wired wrong would it still run good? I don't see how I could have wired the map sensor wrong and have the car run on 450cc injectors.
I don't want to doubt you, becuase you are almost always right and I admit, I have no wiring diagram for my car with the vafc (they didn't expect anyone with a crv to ever tune it... Lol) so I had to pick them all out from the chiltons manual diagrams.

Hardlowrd I have an OBDIIa (I think its an 'a', Its a 1997 crv like in my signature). I have no idea what ecu it is, all I know if that I can't do Sh^% with it, can't chip it, and hondata won't help me either. :angry:

My manuals don't tell me anything about where the baro sensor is or how to replace it, I did a search on google with not much result. I'd be fine with ripping it all apart if I knew that replacing it would fix it (and knew kinda wtf I was doing). I'd also love to do an ECU swap and just chip it, but with this ghetto automatic obd2 unknown ecu it's kind of hard to get help.

Edit: Altitude, I donno about 3000ft?

Thanks guys,

Thanks, when I said 'ripping it apart' I meant the Ecu.

But I think I might have got it fixed, changed teh throttle settings and it hasn't thrown a code yet. Been 2 days and counting, so I'm gonna go until it throws another code and then persue this some more. I might end up replacing it or something to get it to work.

Thanks for the help guys,

Crap... I got another one today. Well this officially sucks, I guess I'm in the market for a baro sensor, or an Ecu that I can chip. Id like an ecu to chip, becuase I know thats the best way to do it. Anyone know a good place to get an auto obd1 ecu?
With that, is there some way to just "fix" the sensor until I can get it all worked out so It doesn't cause anymore problems? But I'm betting theres no simple jumper fix for this one eh?

Thanks guys,

No simple jumper fix is known for that one... and of course adjusting the VAFC is not going to help fix the problem... I have a ton of OBD1 ECUs, if you need one PM me...

Back