CEL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

i jsut put in a b18c. didnt wire vtec right so i thought the cel might be because of that. so we got it right and the light went off. ok so thats cool but once i punch it and the secondaries open up and i get the light. now i havent checked to see what code is being throwin. i think its because im runnin open headers. could this be why im getting a light? and how to you check to see what code it is?

What kind of car is it in? Maybe do you only have one o2 sensor hooked up right? That makes your cel come on and you run in limp mode. Or maybe try checking the code?

its a 93 dx hatch with ls header withthte o2 in the header. as far as i know the o2 is good but because its open could that make it go bad?

Or maybe try checking the code?

and how to you check to see what code it is?

thanks

do a test to see what the code is i don't know how to do it but from what i understand the obd1 cars can tell just by the blinking of the check engine light

Originally posted by PhyRe@Oct 1 2004, 03:55 PM
its a 93 dx hatch with ls header withthte o2 in the header. as far as i know the o2 is good but because its open could that make it go bad?

Or maybe try checking the code?

and how to you check to see what code it is?

thanks
[post=397232]Quoted post[/post]​

take key out of ignition,there is a green harness plug under your glove box area in the dash,easy to see and reach,put a U shaped paperclip into the two spots for wires,put the key in and turn to on,count the blinks on your CEL,long blinks are ten's and short blinks are one's.it will pause briefly for more than one code.compare to refrence on this site.

ok im still open headers and it only comes one after a few min of drivin. how do i check that same way wait till it comes on and the do the paper clip thing and count?

Back