1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CEL

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by PhyRe, Oct 1, 2004.

1. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

i jsut put in a b18c. didnt wire vtec right so i thought the cel might be because of that. so we got it right and the light went off. ok so thats cool but once i punch it and the secondaries open up and i get the light. now i havent checked to see what code is being throwin. i think its because im runnin open headers. could this be why im getting a light? and how to you check to see what code it is?

2. sihatchback_RL

sihatchback_RL Senior Member

o2 maybe.

3. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

What kind of car is it in? Maybe do you only have one o2 sensor hooked up right? That makes your cel come on and you run in limp mode. Or maybe try checking the code?

4. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

its a 93 dx hatch with ls header withthte o2 in the header. as far as i know the o2 is good but because its open could that make it go bad?

thanks

5. mrnice1058

mrnice1058 Senior Member

do a test to see what the code is i don't know how to do it but from what i understand the obd1 cars can tell just by the blinking of the check engine light

6. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

take key out of ignition,there is a green harness plug under your glove box area in the dash,easy to see and reach,put a U shaped paperclip into the two spots for wires,put the key in and turn to on,count the blinks on your CEL,long blinks are ten's and short blinks are one's.it will pause briefly for more than one code.compare to refrence on this site.

7. PhyRe

PhyRe Senior Member

ok im still open headers and it only comes one after a few min of drivin. how do i check that same way wait till it comes on and the do the paper clip thing and count?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted