Celerity's 3rd bike of the year

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

honda VFR 800 sounds like exactly what you are looking for
decent power
good handling
long haul comfort
able to attach storage cases
reliable
not overly common
good looks

over all very solid very nice bikes
i will likely look into one in the future if i dont wind up on a BMW touring bike after the Xmoto (bike i am most leaning to right now), a touring bike just isnt what i am looking for at the moment

The VFR800 was a finalist along with the ZX12. I chose the ZX12 because it's power was smoother and easier to apply. The VFR800 was twitchy and bit me during the test ride. The throttle is too responsive, coming out of every corner I would need to be extra careful. Hitting bumps once again made it lurch forward. Very unpleasant ride, and as far as "baggage" it's the same options as there were for the ZX12. Givis and aftermarkets. The mounts in the back are for grab rails.

I think the VFR has a bugly front face and the view from the cockpit is soured by the oblique folds from the inside to the fairing. It's also just as high and just as heavy as the 12, with the same gas mileage.

honda VFR 800 sounds like exactly what you are looking for
decent power
good handling
long haul comfort
able to attach storage cases
reliable
not overly common
good looks

This sounds perfect for Steve...And I think it would be a pleasure to see him on it.

BMW 1150 GS Adventure

that is what crash man would look like if he was a motorcycle.

For the record, I do all of my own auto maintenence, I've done swaps, engine rebuilds, complete suspension changeovers.. There is NOTHING on a honda that I can't tackle. NOTHING.

And I owned a 2005 Harley Sportster back in 2004. (It had like 4 miles on it when I bought it) Kept it for a couple of years, and hated it like you wouldn't believe.

It ran like shit and needed constant maintnence. If it sat for two weeks, you could bet your ass it wasn't going to start without having to work on the damn thing. Its overly heavy, and it handled like shit. I mean really, really poorly.

Harley lost a customer for life on that deal. Just thinking of that bike makes me want to puke.

Well, if I hate it, I hate it. I won't be an ignorant pissant when I say in the future " Harley's suck " . But there is a chance that I might actually like this thing, in which case, I nearly goddam stole it at that price.

It's a low-risk chance to see if I like it or not. People are acting like I'm wiping my dick with a Koran after fucking a pig, because Celerity hate is very trendy.

I will attempt to seriously build something I think can happen. If I'm successful at that thing, then I get to enjoy the fruits of labor. If not, I have a bike that holds it's resale value and only 5 more months to the open of the next riding season. See Celerity Make Money.

Those bikes are Fugly.

Half dirt bike, part sport bike, with cruiser crap mounted in random locations.

Ugliest bikes on the road, imho.

I never said Harleys don't have their problems, or that they're the best bang for the buck. There's just something about the way the uneven firing order sounds, the loping idle, the vibration of solid motor mounts, the simplicity of the design. I love it, but I'll probably never own one. They are fun bikes to borrow :)

I'm thinking of pulling the deposit.

I found a ZX6 that I really want, and it's only a couple hundred bucks.

You can eat a urinal cake too.
:lol: don't be pissed man. all the regulars on this board know you all too well. just like how someone said you would make the first civilian landing on the moon if there was a car for you to tow back.

Yeah, I know. It's also been said that no one knows when I'm serious or not.

And I like that.

Anyway, behold: 1989 KAWASAKI NINJA 600CC, (6506653)

I got it talked WAY down. Like, less than half. Way less than half. I would be stupid to pass this up. It runs, but he says "after about 30 minutes it drops a cylinder". The plastics are ok, repairable with the equipment that I have lying around.

So I'm pulling the Harley downpayment back and instead getting a personal loan to buy and repair (Sending the motor off, bitches) and get electricity in my 1000+ sq ft garage so I can actually start turning over projects.

Back