Celerity's Car of the Week !

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Proof: Yeah, I'll do the Dyno when I'm ready. Late 70s and 80s had lied hp figures to get around Carter-esque insurance regs and import tariffs. You know this.

Not cool ?

Check this thing out:
BMW_K1200s_2005_Superbike.jpg

Granted, BMW rarely uses full plastics, but this appears to be an exception. It's a great bike for daily riding (Which I now do) and the comforts like heated grips and seats, auto suspension and power ports are important to me in that situation.

I agree, most BMWs are ugly as sin, but this one really strikes me.

First.... lose the attitude that "it will be a ****** **** *** car if....". It's an antique, you know the value of, and if you built it back to OEM, you'll get good money from the right person for it.

Second... if you keep the car and build it....then lose the attitude that "it will be an ****** **** ******* *** car when I.....". IT's not going to happen, your a home owner now....a car is not worth it to go soo deep into debt, waste time, and if something happens, then your going to be living from paycheck to paycheck....just like me. Sure you can score cool deals, have friends fab things, but the bottom line is...it's going to get beat up one way or another...some granny might not have taken her Geritol some morning and she not fully awake to see your baby in front of her...or you'll join the club of fires, flips, wear and tear, or the anti-Christ.....rust...like the rest of us dreamers and builders.

Third.... Projects like this will never happen. Since your a homeowner, making decent wages, wife works, win the lottery.....have all the money in the world.... your still going to find that tuning a " 4 injectors controlled by an AM Crystal oscillator" thats over 30 years old is going to be too much of a pain in your ass than it is worth. Just get a haltec, new RC injectors, load the engine up with sensors, and tune it by a laptop and allow the engine to actually breath and work for you...not you working for the engine. $1000-1500 for a new system that is tunable and parts that are available by second day air-mail...... is better than you turning into an old mole saying "when the parts come in....or when I find them....then I'll take it to the track and show you." Trust me...wires and tube's made in the 70's age and deteriorate even though they are sealed in a vacuum tube...the metal processing in those days were focused for quantity, not quality.

Fourth.....bring back my damn engine lift....ASAP. I'll be damned if your going to hang onto that lift until you built the motor 3 years from now and want to install it into the car... I even forgot when I loaned it to you, I needed it a 2 months or so ago....and now I really need it...because I would have liked to have gotten to an autocross event sometime this year... Why the hell did I waste $25 for the CART membership? :mad:

Fifth.... Slap an SR20DET, RB25DETT, or a 3 rotor in it. If your going to change the car a tad "retro-ing it".... might as well go for the bang-per-buck Ebay engines. Or invest and just go all out and slide an LS7 in it.:ph34r:

Someone poured themselves a nice bowl of Opinion-Ohs this morning !

Yeah, I'll do my best to get your lift back. I have no truck anymore (Lost to an axle destruction) that I didn't intend. I am TRYING to get the lift back to you, and if my trying does suit your needs, you DO have a station wagon that we can put it in.

Do not attempt to blame your lack of an autocrosser on me. I'm doing the best I can with what I have. And I do thank you for letting me use it - it saved my life with the Vega. I'll be sure to pick up my own as soon as I can.

Also, your projects aren't stalled because god made you buy a house. And nor are mine. :)

the lift won't fit in the subaru with me driving....and the wife would kill me if that dirty thang got into her car.

Let me just "Fred Flintstone" the CRX around an autocross course...it will be a blast. Car cant run without an engine...and hey, I have an engine sitting on a stand that I have to crank over everyweek to keep lubed up so the humidity does'nt wash the oil from the cylinders...it sure would be nice if 4 grown men would pick that engine up and lower it into the shell so I can slide the mountbolts to it, and press on with the install...but all the strong guys have different lives and hours than me...so I'm left to do it by myself, and I'm not in the mood to get carted off to the hospital over a hernia.

You sure can find time to go buy a new car, buy a new bike, go autocrossing with Chris, but you have no time to swing by an engine lift that is needed 23 miles away....it's like $15 for a uhaul van dude....:mad:

I'm just busting your ass steve:D ....since I'm bored... :p

you know I wub you;)

I wub you too..I'm saying all this with a big smile.

But on a serious note, I have been working hard to get a truck and get up there. Do you still have the engine parts around for me to take ?

There is your old block, no head, with a corroded valve cover, a trany still bolted to it, the header, the shift linkages, and the flimsy aluminum crankshaft pully. and I have the block and head that I ripped out from the civic.... A little mositer made it to the cylinder walls of your old engine, so it's rusting now....RIP....rust in peace....hehe

Nice.. nice.. So the scrap guy...

... took nothing then ?

LOL... Insurance Regulations... That was for REAL power... Not Vega Power...

A guy I work with was talking about 70's cars today, and how he had a 79 Cobra 5.0, etc etc... And how he loved all the old rare cars like the 4 cyl turbo '79 stangs, some off the wall AMC's... And I snickered what about Vegas? To which he reponds.. "You could GIVE me a Cosworth Vega... And I'd sell it for scrap to buy a rusted out Mustang 2" LOL...

It's a Cosworth. Not a Vega, ass. I wouldn't take a Vega over a Mustang 2 either.

And the 79 Mustang 289 V8 had 120 ish hp, the 4 banger had about half that. Gas Crisis.

Let us say, for a second, that you didn't like Mustangs. Now, lets also say I got a 1989 ASC McLaren. Now, you can go on and on about how stupid Mustangs are - But would you know a shitting thing about the ASC McLaren ? No.

IT's a different car, moron. Enjoy your Subaru Loyale.

Would I know about its Leather Recaro Seats? Hardwood Dash Pieces? ASC McLaren Wheels? Improved Suspension? Headrest Speakers A La Fiero? Its Ground Effects? Nope... Wouldn't know anything about that car... And it would be a stock mustang 302... Better than a 4 cylinder Vega... ;)

No, you're about right (Your list of differences is too short) But still - I named a car that you DID know so that you would get the point.

But you didn't get the point, proving how fucking dense you are.

On topic: I'm stuck with this fucking Peugeot now. The guy doesn't want to trade for the Subaru because the Pug is RWD and he's afraid of snow. Candy ass pussy. What a fucktard.

so I'm giving my 17 year old nephew the Pug and continuing my search. The Subaru (he says) will be mine when he finds a FWD car "good in the snow".

Back