Celerity's Cobra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Before and After - I made the pics attachments to speed things up.

I also added my H4 headlight adaptor housings. A standard sealed-beam that slips an H4 into the back. A must-have for any classic car.

Here I re-configured 4 front end gussetts, and slimmed the hood latch WAY down. I also re-ran the hood cable, extended and tucked the headlight wiring, and relocated the turnsignals below (Although you can't see them right now)

For the lower opening, I will be taking my spare nose, inverting it, and reducing all four sides of the grille. So it will have a basic "Diamond" shape, but won't look like I just .. Well, Flipped another nose and stuck it on.

Attachments

• removegrill2.jpg
    removegrill2.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Removegrill.jpg
    Removegrill.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Nice monster truck integra in the background. I am not a fan of the car but interested in the build.

This comment has been bugging me... So here, in all it's glory:
537689_3551308218679_1151825116_32799570_1528782764_n.jpg

I will never again make comment about anyones DD. After meeting my friend that DD's an early 90's Mirage with well over 200k on it, and owns a 900 horse T/A Firehawk.

Book is not related to cover.

^ We're just having some fun slamming his junker - that's why he put the pic up. All in good fun.

Hahah ! I actually like that car. I never wanted to like it, but I do. I collected some junk over the years, that has been sitting in the garage. I installed some things .. Like Neon lights. Pics tomorrow.

Yeah, 36 and driving a clapped out Honda with neon lights. Haters be Hating.

240k miles, Autotragic and 4 door. Everything works, dammit. Paid $200 for it, had to swap in a transmission. Wheels by Furhmannsport.

Last edited:
I was grooving on those free air mounted flashlight reflectors on the drivers side of the bumper. :)

I thought about mounting my 7.5 million candlepower light on the front. I really did.

And still might.

I thought about mounting my 7.5 million candlepower light on the front. I really did.

And still might.
Ya know what, from my 4x4 days I learned to really like light, lots and lots of light. 100's of watts of light. Driving lights on the front tube bumpers and floods on the roll bar mounted upper light bar. They're great off road and on the street when conditions get bad, like out in the boonies with no streetlights, on wet roads and such.

I will be doing a lighting project soon for night riding on a Trail Bike I picked up last summer.

Serengeti%20Puma%20200.jpg

Last edited:
Hahah ! I actually like that car. I never wanted to like it, but I do. I collected some junk over the years, that has been sitting in the garage. I installed some things .. Like Neon lights. Pics tomorrow.

240k miles, Autotragic and 4 door. Everything works, dammit. Paid $200 for it, had to swap in a transmission. Wheels by Furhmannsport.
$200? Fuck, Apparently I don't troll CL enough. Looks good though. Cobra looks like it's going to be great!

I have a few friends that own shops (Like, 8). They get scrap steel tows in all the time. If a car is something particular (old Toyotas, Hondas, etc) they will call me and offer it to me for scrap value. Luckily, this same shop had my friend's beat-to-shit 91 Teg at it with a bill still owed. So I picked up that car, and my friend's teg and used it as a parts car - giving the trans, radiator, blah blah blah.

240k miles, Autotragic and 4 door. Everything works, dammit. Paid $200 for it, had to swap in a transmission. Wheels by Fuhrmannsport.

:lol: i forgot which set you picked up. and i fixed my name.

I decided to do some work in the shade (The garage) today, and started taking apart the motor.

I'm going with the Explorer GT40 hipo heads, edelbrock Performer, and a 650 carb. Decided.

Attachments

• 306163_3649369670154_1151825116_32842551_2138465658_n.jpg
    306163_3649369670154_1151825116_32842551_2138465658_n.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 463583_3648948939636_637837470_o.jpg
    463583_3648948939636_637837470_o.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 297
At the moment, I'm so under budget, that I may consider a cam. But I am NOT in the mood to do the math. At least not until I pick up these heads and bench flow them or something. I do want to drop the heads off for a 3 angle grind though.

I'm also up in the air about the seats. I have yet to find the perfect seats, and these are quite comfy (And factory original)

10 wimpiest muscle cars ever - Yahoo! Autos

Fuck.

Oh, I'm doing some things with it. Been working on getting the aux gas tank installed in the fender, and prepping the doors for double-hull. The rear double-hull is almost done.. but I may need to cut up the rear fender to squeeze the tank in place.

The idea that people hate my car always excites me :) it sucks when I try to sell it though.

I had a beautiful 1981 Celica GTA. A very rare trim level, with lots of toys. When it came to sell it, not a goddam person cared.

Back