Celerity's Cobra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

At least the Mustang II has the most popular front clip for Hot Rodders. My dad has used them on all his builds.

70s "muscle cars" (which is a retarded phrase anyway) had an advantage of being able to accept other engines and drivelines. The Yenkos for instance weren't even made to operate from the dealer floor. They were meant to be bought, and then modified to work.

Yenko made the modifications at the dealership. So yes, they actually were made to operate from the dealer floor. :p

That's the reason their cars were sought after in the first place along with Baldwin Motion's, Berger's, and the rest of the mod shops.

Last edited:
ok, I stand corrected. My dad bought a Yenko Stinger (The Vega wagon thing). it was meant to have a Supercharger on it, but he never went with the install. The dealership took it back after 3 engines in 3 months.

Many cars (even lowly grocery getters) had dealer options they "threw in the trunk." Tri-power vettes came with a standard intake manifold installed and the optional three deuce setup in the trunk if you ordered it. Or you could have the dealer install it. That's a practice still done to this day. Anything from graphics kits and spoilers to "power adders."

double hull? what are you building, an oil carrying ocean liner?

People think I'm arrogant, but I learn lessons. Airjockie took two unibody inner fender supports, and tacked them together in his CRX. The car basically had two front ends. The result was amazing. The only first gen CRX you could stand on. And it was rigid as hell.

I have 3 complete bodies for my Subarus, (for two whole cars) and an entire body for the mustang. I'm going to seal an extra set of steel to the outside of the existing steel. Then I have 8 frame gussets to put on the front, and two in the back. It's like 100 pounds extra weight, but the car will be pretty much bullet proof.

It's just layers of extra steel on the fenders, and gas tank. I have a few gas tanks for each car too, so I'm making a double-walled gas tank protector underneath.

I have 3 complete bodies for my Subarus, (for two whole cars) and an entire body for the mustang. I'm going to seal an extra set of steel to the outside of the existing steel. Then I have 8 frame gussets to put on the front, and two in the back. It's like 100 pounds extra weight, but the car will be pretty much bullet proof.
You planning on getting shot at?

Yeah, I doubt I'll get bites. Something bad happened today, and a very big emergency came up.

I doubt anyone will buy it though, so I stopped really trying. But hey, thanks for sharing with hondaswap. I appreciate that.

if it wasnt me im sure it could have been like the 50 other folks you have on FB saying the same thing.

But it was you.

Anyway, I have to move in 9 days, and my bank accounts have been locked down by either the IRS or my mortgage company, both of which are coming after me with a vengeance.

So this house that I've been planning on getting for so long, just when I'm about to send them money, is slipping away. And I have to be out of my house in about 14 days.

My next checks are coming in from my clients in about 14 days, but it's too late by then. I'm back to square one.

So I need $3000 urgently, and $5000 to actually move my things with me. Or else it all just sits in an abandoned warehouse until someone discovers it and takes it.

Yeah, I forgot how people treat renters like assholes. These fucking landlords are SCUMBAGS. They have, 3 times already, threatened to back out of the deal if I didn't give them more money. I'm 4 payments into this fucking place. They approved me at 2, then they "changed their mind" and held their hands out. I offered a 3rd month. Then they wanted a $50 pet deposit (What the fuck is $50 going to do ? Whatever, I'll pay it) Now they say "We need $900 by tonight". So I talk my way out of it, then they say "We want another $50 for the other cat (whatever, dipshit I told them about 2 cats) and we would feel better about renting to you if we had a larger security deposit"

This, all 6 days before the move-in. And they take WEEKS to send me a document, then they P.S. the email : "If we don't receive this form back by tomorrow we will be forced to look for another tenant".

So yeah, I forgot that landlords treat everyone like dirtbags.

Not trying to be a dick here, just curious; were you wearing pigtails, ear spikes, black nail polish, and goth garb when you talked to these landlords?

Last edited:
Back