Celerity's Cobra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't meet with landlords. I met with one couple, with the earrings and pigtails. They approved us.

The house was a farm house in 100 acres. Beautiful spot. But the attic had a Guano "problem" (Oh my god.. Half of the house was sealed off because of the toxic gases) and the basement was dirt with a STREAM running through it. The electrical was also 40 amp.

Every craigslist or realty ad without a real estate agent is a scam. so i totally avoided them.

Would you expect to be turned down for a house for driving a Honda ? Do you know that happens ?

I don't meet with landlords. I met with one couple, with the earrings and pigtails. They approved us.

The house was a farm house in 100 acres. Beautiful spot. But the attic had a Guano "problem" (Oh my god.. Half of the house was sealed off because of the toxic gases) and the basement was dirt with a STREAM running through it. The electrical was also 40 amp.

Every craigslist or realty ad without a real estate agent is a scam. so i totally avoided them.

Would you expect to be turned down for a house for driving a Honda ? Do you know that happens ?
So, you never met with the people that actually own the property? Just people that "represented" the owners, then subsequently asked for more and more money? Sounds like a scam. Did you get a lease agreement in writing?

Also, it depends what Honda you're talking about, as well as if you're talking about renting or buying.

And, the main reason I brought up your appearance is because you are the Head Hondaswap Stereotypist. But it appears as though you were doomed from the start.

renting sucks dick. my landlord is a fuckin stupid cunt, always tryin to jack the rent up and bitchin about having too much furniture outside on the front patio... wish i could slap the shit outta her lol

hope you dont have to sell your shit though dude.

but the tablet in the dash would be cool... and for gauges you could add an android phone using a speedometer/performance datalogging app, or multiple smartphones in the dash each for a specific purpose. like one for a speedo app, a second for telemetry, and a third running this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linszter.hondadatalog&hl=en OR this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...performance.DashCommand&feature=search_result

Im actually going to use that obd2 one in my accord at some point... its fuckin sweet, and the obd1 in the rex and im done lol

now that i looked at more of the screenshots, you could just have one phone or small tablet for your dash, and a full size tablet in the center console for your entertainment system...

Last edited:
And, the main reason I brought up your appearance is because you are the Head Hondaswap Stereotypist. But it appears as though you were doomed from the start.

Nah.. Not me. I'm no victim. I refuse to be scammed. These deals are scammy, but they are just assholes being assholes. As far as agents, I'm working with major market people here... Remax, century 21, etc.

As far as "Depends on what kind of honda".. No, No it doesn't. your lock-step is perfect though.

renting sucks dick. my landlord is a fuckin stupid cunt, always tryin to jack the rent up and bitchin about having too much furniture outside on the front patio... wish i could slap the shit outta her lol

hope you dont have to sell your shit though dude.

but the tablet in the dash would be cool... and for gauges you could add an android phone using a speedometer/performance datalogging app, or multiple smartphones in the dash each for a specific purpose. like one for a speedo app, a second for telemetry, and a third running this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linszter.hondadatalog&hl=en OR this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...performance.DashCommand&feature=search_result

Im actually going to use that obd2 one in my accord at some point... its fuckin sweet, and the obd1 in the rex and im done lol

now that i looked at more of the screenshots, you could just have one phone or small tablet for your dash, and a full size tablet in the center console for your entertainment system...
The biggest problem with applying the tech to the car, is that you have to plan in upgrades and updates. All of these techno-toys have a planned obsolescence. And that means changing shit all the time. I spent a LOT of time with win98.. building my own shell for it. And it exists on a dusty SCSI drive in the basement. Like, hundreds of hours.

The goal is to find something that you'll like using in 10 years - or more.

you have a good point dude, but i don't see why i would stop using my galaxy prevail for any reason. even if in the future there isnt a cell network that supports cdma phones i still would use it. it would have to be lost broke or stolen before it gets retired, and im pretty sure the gps and obd2 port connection will still be working fine in 10 years. just sayin

Nah.. Not me. I'm no victim. I refuse to be scammed. These deals are scammy, but they are just assholes being assholes. As far as agents, I'm working with major market people here... Remax, century 21, etc.

As far as "Depends on what kind of honda".. No, No it doesn't. your lock-step is perfect though.
I could care less what you look like. I was merely trying to put a mirror between you and the people you stereotype.

As far as lockstep..... I was in the marching band, which means that while I have the ability to march in step, it doesn't bother me how strangers perceive me.

you have a good point dude, but i don't see why i would stop using my galaxy prevail for any reason. even if in the future there isnt a cell network that supports cdma phones i still would use it. it would have to be lost broke or stolen before it gets retired, and im pretty sure the gps and obd2 port connection will still be working fine in 10 years. just sayin

Actually, be very wary of GPS lifespan. That's an outside system (OBD reading is an inside reading.. There are no updates or firmware re-writes). I have a Pioneer GPS deck, with 2million POI listings. The last update came out in 2010 (Which I applied, only to see that it "fixed" the unit by making it inoperable without being stopped) and it gives me all sorts of wrong addresses. A lot of GPS POI companies have gone out of business, or simply been bought by competition to stop their updates.

Yeah, I tricked the deck into thinking it was stopped and the ebrake was deployed (Silly unit.. Has GPS built in, still requires an ebrake) and all was good. Now I have to stop to input new waypoints and instructions. PITA.

at least the dash could still work though the app connects to your obd2 port through bluetooth and will still display your speed rpms and other sensors

its like a usb dongle for a pc. theres one piece that plug into your device and the other to the obd2 port... i thought it was pretty cool when i saw it

Yeah, again.. that's a good setup. It's "internal", so it's not going to stop working one day because you can't keep up with updates. I've been thinking of installing a tablet - But it's going to just be outdated.

I was turned down because I asked about the portion of the lease that said "No firearms or other dangerous items will be stored in the house."

Yeah, I was horrified to learn that this is perfectly legal too.

I have learned, as I learned in my job searches, to lie, lie, lie. If I do my job right, they'll never know anything.

Honestly, the stakes are too high to fuck around with the truth. If you're not Superman in an overpopulated, ignorant H.R.-run world, you're shit.

I have met with a LOT of hiring managers, supervisors, single people, landlords and business owners. We ALL realise that no one is perfect... except for H.R. people. The Human Resources philosophies state that filtering out people is part of their job.

How is this relevant ? My credit is pretty shot. But I'm not too bad. I only have my mortgage problems on my credit. There are LOTS of people out there doing far worse than I. And landlords know this. The problem is that they hire real estate agents (Human resource people) who will filter me out because I'm not superman.

So what I do is pass the gates by making them think I'm superman. When I get face to face with the principal, that's when it's time to negotiate.

So again, do whatever you have to do to get past the assholes who filter good people out based on numbers.

As an example, I worked at Yale as a manager. I had to hire, and I had to submit documents to H.R.. So what I did was list the things I needed. This is where it gets depressing. H.R. would turn down people who didn't meet my "exact" criteria. And no one was coming in .. Well, no one but the liars who just said whatever they could to get a job.

The same with the Real Estate HR assholes. You gotta be the second coming of christ to get consideration. So I lie. I owe them nothing.

I've never had a problem with being honest to get a job or a loan or anything else. Hell, I got my hyndai loan when i was unemployed. and they knew it. Sure, they wacked me for 8.35% because of it, but I re-fi'ed it with my credit union to 2.5% shortly there after.

If you have to lie about who you are, where you've been, or why you did something, especially to your wife, i feel bad for you.... And maybe you should re-examine the quality of your character.

No wonder divorce rates are so fucking high.

I never flat out lie on an application or interview because i feel like thats the kind of thing you get fired over if you get caught, but what i will do is stretch the shit out of the truth. If i have operated a piece of equipment for 10min in the past im going to tell the interview pannel im an expirianced operator

If you have to lie about who you are, where you've been, or why you did something, especially to your wife, i feel bad for you.... And maybe you should re-examine the quality of your character.

No wonder divorce rates are so fucking high.

Oh no no no ... Not the wife. I said lie to get dates or girlfriends.

We all do it, If we didn't we wouldn't get anywhere.

I disagree. I've told 0 lies to my g/f and don't plan to.

I've got nothing to hide. I don't do bad things. If you don't like me for who I am or what i did then you aren't for me.

Back