Celerity's Cobra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I disagree. I've told 0 lies to my g/f and don't plan to.

I've got nothing to hide. I don't do bad things. If you don't like me for who I am or what i did then you aren't for me.

So you have told her your a closet homosexual?:gayflag:

I disagree. I've told 0 lies to my g/f and don't plan to.

I've got nothing to hide. I don't do bad things. If you don't like me for who I am or what i did then you aren't for me.

You sound like a genuinely nice guy dude, and i can respect that.. But we cant all be nice guys... Hell, if i honestly spoke to my wife about half the fucked up, mean shit that goes on in my head, she'd run away screaming.... Ive toned it down alot from when i was younger, kids help calm ya down... And there are always those loaded questions... Do i look fat? Have i gotten fat? Are you ok? Whats with that look? What are you thinking right now? The list goes on... Lies just make life easier... Lies make the world go 'round... Im not trying to get all balls depp in this, but when my daughter asks me what kind of guy i was when i used to date? And when my son asks me if i have ever smoked pot, or gotten stoned.... Lies my friend... And denial!!!

Mike, only with you buddy :wink: You had me at herrow?

Now, not telling her all the crazy fucked up shit in your mind is not necessarily lying to her. There's a difference in being 100% open, vs outright telling lies to cover something up. Unless she is digging for that truth of your past/etc.

Loaded questions can be avoided. 'Does that dress make me look fat?' you answer with holy crap look at how your boobs pop out! or something. avoid it, and still make her feel good without lying to her. because lets face it, it's not the dress that makes you look fat in the first place.... lol

If Jr asks about smoking weed, it's time to have THAT talk. it's not about answering it directly. It's him coming to you for advice, and you need to take his initiative to go down that road. he's not looking for the answer of if you did or not... he's looking for advice on how to handel peer pressure, etc etc that's involved with it.

So, i guess my point is, see the bigger picture in everything. target the real question, not the fronted bs to get there

first:

Im not trying to get all balls depp in this,

Balls_d0f497_1722063.jpg

lol, now, when my daughter gets old enough to ask me about how i was when i was a teen and dating, im goin to tell her the truth, i may omit a few gory details, but she'll know what kind of shit i pulled.
its part of my plan to keep her from either dating guys like me, or dating in general as a teen.

'Does that dress make me look fat?'

truthful answer:
no of course not, it's the cases of Ring Dings, bags of Cheetos, and tubs of Ben and Jerry's make you look fat... the dress simply doesnt hide it

im not saying im the most honest person in the world.
i lie.

but, with that particular situation, i dont want her to be treated like i have treated girls in the past. what better way than to teach from first hand experience?

Hiding genital warts and keeping things cordial are WAY different things.

When I say "We all lie" .. I guess what I mean is that we all play and perpetuate illusions.

.. Which brings me to my point about jobs, apartments, what-have-you.

well said... to all of you... but i still end up saying something stupid.... then i have to lie about the stupid thing said.... my famouse last words.."im just kidding babe!!"

I haven't touched the car in two months, and I lost out on 2 contracts that were going to pay my way to happiness on the Cobra.

Until I replace those contracts, I'm selling the Cobra. It's in CT. Inquire within.

Holy shit, that's so fucking funny. Exactly a year later, and the SAME FUCKING THING happens.

Lost a big contract, had to reign in the expenses, the Mustang sits some more.

But It's being moved one step closer to body work this week. Literally, we're moving it from the storage yard to the shop.

I think I found the rear fender profile I'm looking for:
mII-01.jpg

I'm not crazy about the front, but I guess the newer mustang arches can be grafted onto the body work. Oh, and this car pictured must be heavy as all hell. Is that a steel bumper ?

Front end is a HUGE improvement. Thats half the ugly taken care of right there. Quarters look nicer as well. Almost Ford GT-ish. Just needs some skirts to match the lowness of the front. I can't stand a slammed front end with a foot of rocker ground clearance.

This is not half bad lookin, I think it would be the only mustangII I would ever admit to owning though.

I showed the pic to the body guy, and the rear looks doable.. But it throws away most of the steel that I already have done for it.

The front - I still don't know about the front. First off, I'm keeping ALL of the bumper off, so it's going to be the same front end that it is today (Yes, missing everything but the chin)

This is a little closer to what I had to work with:
77cobra2_2_1280.jpg

But I kinda want the wheel arches to go much higher into the body - So I can drop the lower to the ground overall. That's going to go far above the body line - making a rear fender flare very tricky. This is going to be a fine line between "NAILED IT!" and "RUINED IT!"

The original Scope also ensures that the front and rear wheel tire sizes remain the same. I do understand the challenge in all of that - but the Mustang II is most developed and developed-for front end on the planet. So still with the steering geometry being 1000 times different than the stock 13"x4" wheels, I should be able to get all of this stuff off of someone's shelf.

And from day one, I have been telling people that I would need to cut out about 18" of body steel to clear the wheels and flares.

Last edited:
Back