Celerity's Ninja Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm 6'4 with a 36" inseam. I have yet to find a bike that i cant flatfoot. As a matter of fact, I'm going to have hell finding a bike that I wont look goofy on. Jolly green giant on a mini bike syndrome.
look to the new hayabusa or zx-14. but those are some damn big ass bikes. shaq rides a busa and he's 7'1". as for a 600/1000cc bike, you are going to look big no matter what.

we gotta get you on a bike. You're welcome to try out the Nin at our next get together.

I don't think I can bring it for the swap meet.

lets work on getting him to throw a football and make a proper phone with his hand first

:lol:

really, i have no desire to get a bike.

i want one real fuckign bad, but i know i'll die on one, so i don't ride. and thats all i have to say about that.

Everyone I talk to has this idea that riding a bike is the only way you can die.

"If you go too fast you'll die" "If someone hits you you'll die" "If you dump it you'll die"

Like I said, it's safe than the Dune buggy I was gonna build.

There is a statistic somewhere, that lists how many people die each year from falling coconuts.

You COULD have an anneurism and fall over dead. You COULD be struck by lightning and killed. You COULD be killed more ways that I can possibly immagine.

Yeah, you are very fragile on a bike, and much more exposed to harm than if you were in a car. Just watch out and be careful. People die every day on bikes. And in cars. and in aircraft. and walking under coconut trees. Ok, maybe not every day with the coconut thing.

I know the bike thing is scary to alot of people. Hell, I've had two friends killed in the last 2 years on motorcycles. one was being a dumb ass. the other was in full riding gear, and did nothing wrong (so sayeth the cop who watched the whole thing). A car was following him too closely. A pickup stopped at a stop sign, then proceded right out in front of him. He layed the bike down and avoided the collision. The person that was following too closely swerved and ran his torso over. Crushed his ribcage and destroyed his internal organs. It was pretty bad, he lived for like 2 hours afterward. My brother in law's brother died driving 30mph. Just cruising through a residential when a car backed out right in front of him. His front tire hit, and his head (in a helmet) hit the side of the car. Killed him instantly.

Now, I'm not all morbid, but the more you know about accidents, the more you learn about avoiding them.

Nonetheless, for every death, there are umpteen million who survived the motorcycle wreck. One of my favorite things when watching motorcycle racing is to see the guy lay his bike down at 175mph, slide/roll to a stop, stand up, and storm off mad as hell.

You cant stop living to avoid dying. Have fun with it. Just be careful.

my brother (Hosmer23) wrecked his Ninja last month (when we had that freak 70 degree day)

I used to bang around town on it, not a bad little ride

he was fine...got an insurance check and bought an 06 SV650...I have yet to ride it, but it looks decent

Today's riding gear is 100s times better than it was even in 1999. The jackets and pants are improved in millimeters now, and more and more proper users of it are walking away from serious accidents.

In a dune buggy, taking a hit means having a car parked ontop of your fiberglass shell, which is basically a hot tub on wheels. That body is bolted onto a VW pan with about 8 bolts. Knowing this, I would never sit in one without a VERY beefy crash cage - and even then the cage would need to be a accident designed space frame. At that point, it's a completely different animal.

I would never want to be in an accident in a Lamborghini Countach. Or a Fiero.

My CRX (and Clayton's) has had so much weight reduced that our crumple zones strain in a dense fog. Those cars should honestly get 6 point cages too.

The Fiberglass mods I had in mind for the Vega were going to make that car as strong as a potato chip.

As far as riders on the track, they :
1) Know how to fall, and when. They won't clamp onto a bike when it's going down. Gotta train yourself to let go and get into something softer than steel and concrete
2) Are surrounded by motorists who get it (Fellow trained racers)
3) Keep tumbling until they hit bails of hay.
4) Won't hesitate dropping $2000 in riding clothes and wearing everybit of those clothes.

I too am not skimping on the gear. I'm financing the gear into the loan, and walking away with a starter setup for $1000. I will more than likely be getting a $300 helmet to cover my head. $500 advanced (And properly fitted) bike armor jacket, pants, real riding boots and gauntlets.

With my old leathers I hit the road once, and that REALLY thick leather wore away very quickly. With the new materials, new pads to soak up the hits, I think I'll be fine when I decide to ditch the bike and take my chances with the bushes.

Originally Posted by Celerity
If you can touch heels on a liter bike, you're over 6"5.

I wear 32/30 pants and have short ass legs, my feet touch the ground no worse on a GSXR1000 then they do on my F4i... The Ninja 250/500 has a shorter seat, but the 600-1000cc have just about the same hight seat.

At a stop, I have like, 5 degrees of movement I can handle on the ninja 900 before it starts to dump and I'm yelling to my friend to help.

I can't even tip-toe the bike sitting in the center. My feet totally do not reach. When I slide over for the right foot ground position (for take off) my feet barely reach the shifter.

32 inseam.

At a stop, I have like, 5 degrees of movement I can handle on the ninja 900 before it starts to dump and I'm yelling to my friend to help.

I can't even tip-toe the bike sitting in the center. My feet totally do not reach. When I slide over for the right foot ground position (for take off) my feet barely reach the shifter.

32 inseam.

Try sitting on a ZX10R I bet you'll find your feet to have a much better footing.
the older 9R was a larger bike.

I had a gsxr 750...sold it to buy an engine. I don't regret it. It's much more fun to go fast in a car. Everyone knows bikes are fast, but when a honda beats a v6/v8...there is no better sense of accomplishment.

I had a gsxr 750...sold it to buy an engine. I don't regret it. It's much more fun to go fast in a car. Everyone knows bikes are fast, but when a honda beats a v6/v8...there is no better sense of accomplishment.

Having beat a 911 and lots of corvettes in my old DX I can say with out a doubt that having a bike is more fun.

In fact I never thought I'd ever sell my built turbo civic, then I bought a 600 supersport bike and sold my turbo civic not too long after.

no doubt fast cars are fun but they will never go with the road like a bike. cars always lean away from a turn, bikes lean into a turn. there's nothing better feeling then pointing a bike down a twisty road and having the bike follow where you look.
it's just awesome, and I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't know just how great of a feeling that is. Then again most people who ride bikes don't know that feeling since they just do highway runs and wheelies... :(

Running from the 5-0 is a blast...hitting 170 while doing it is fun as well, but realizing you could die at any moment from a stray rock while running from the cops "priceless". Don't get me wrong...owning a bike is great. I would advise anyone to get one just to have the adrenaline rush. I was always told that once you weren't scared of your bike it was time to get rid of it. I felt invincible once I got on mine. Riding wheelies and hitting 130 on a curvy back road was the "norm". After having two buddies die in the mountains within a year and a half...I figured that's kind of where I was heading. I have a couple pictures of mine before I let it go...I miss it on the warm spring days, but the car is fun now too, and no, a car will never handle like a bike or take turns with such grace.

Stage 1 cams
Stage one jet kit (electronic Carb)
Carbon fiber intake tubes
-2 sprocket in the rear
titanium header and pipes w/carbon fiber can (yoshimura)
Sold the whole thing for 3500

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 256
Sounds like you were one of the riders that gave the rest of us a bad name. Thanks.
I'm glad you sold it :cool:

Just do me a favor, when on your bike when you hit something chances are you'd just kill yourself, now that you're into racing your car and I'm sure it happens on the street at 100+ MPH, you not only kill yourself but anything else you hit.

"edit" I see how the do me a favor part didn't make sense, that's because I didn't finish it out. the point I was getting to is now that you're in a car you can do more damage and hurt other people while doing it so do me a favor and don't do that shit.

take it to a track.

Last edited:
Say what you want...Having a bike is no fun if you can never get it out of third gear. If that was the case...Why would they let them top out at 170mph (new ones). I didn't race the bike...but when you pass a cop on the interstate while cruising with friends doing around 95 in a 65...it's either jail time or take a chance, you tend to just hammer down. I don't race the car...I just want to know it's there if I need it. The car has actually rarely sees 100...I autocross more than anything. Also, if you can show me an experienced street bike rider that has never broken 100 on a motorcycle I will call you a liar. I say experienced because I can. I have had a motorcycle/dirtbike since age four...I am currently 21 and sold my bike only four months ago.

Last edited:
Say what you want...Having a bike is no fun if you can never get it out of third gear. If that was the case...Why would they let them top out at 170mph (new ones). I didn't race the bike...but when you pass a cop on the interstate while cruising with friends doing around 95 in a 65...it's either jail time or take a chance, you tend to just hammer down. I don't race the car...I just want to know it's there if I need it. The car has actually rarely sees 100...I autocross more than anything. Also, if you can show me an experienced street bike rider that has never broken 100 on a motorcycle I will call you a liar. I say experienced because I can. I have had a motorcycle/dirtbike since age four...I am currently 21 and sold my bike only four months ago.

My cars ECU cuts fuel at 165mph. Does that mean I should... oh never mind.

Back