Celerity's Ninja Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Got it !

Man this thing is easy. Holy shit. I can introduce my gf to biking with this without a doubt.

It's easier than a bicycle, even at low speeds. The clutch is predictable, the throttle is nice. The brake lever is low, and I can roll my hand off the throttle really well when I reach for it, but when I pull back on the lever my palm rolls the throttle again - leading to a bit of an overrev. I'll look to adjust it tonight.

"Just like fucking a bicycle"

product_image.php

Got it !

Man this thing is easy. Holy shit. I can introduce my gf to biking with this without a doubt.

It's easier than a bicycle, even at low speeds. The clutch is predictable, the throttle is nice. The brake lever is low, and I can roll my hand off the throttle really well when I reach for it, but when I pull back on the lever my palm rolls the throttle again - leading to a bit of an overrev. I'll look to adjust it tonight.
yep, thats why it's considered a great beginner bike.

so how fast have you had it up to?

oh yeah, don't listen to the bullshit about keeping it under really low rpms for a million miles. the piston rings wont seat right if you do. check out some other online forums about how to properly break in a bike.

The break in was easy: Don't keep it at one RPM for too long, don't let it idle for too long. Stretch it through the RPM range, and don't blip the throttle. Change RPM smoothly.

Makes sense to me.

As far as fast ? I haven't had it out of 1st gear yet. They didn't give me a plate last night, so I was up and down in the driveway. Tonight I'll take it out on the road in front of my house, but tomorrow I'm getting my permit.

what kind of gear are you using?

also, TTIWWOP of you on the bike.

Pics will follow - of course now it's going to rain for the next week. ARGH

And calls for SNOW tonight.

I got an Icon leather, but I haven't picked it up yet (They have other jackets coming in today to check out before I decide on one). For my current motorcycle leathers I have a soft harley (My girlfriend's jacket) my stiff ass 100 year old bomber jacket, and my tuskagee full-length (Think Crow) .
For gloves I got Icons, short length with knuckle guards. Forgot the model.
I got a Vega helmet. $208 down to $120 with all discounts (Like the famous "sorry we sold your bike after you put a deposit on it" discount)
I got a pair of Icon pants too.

So basically, top to bottom, Vega / Icon / Skechers
I have two pairs of bike boots, one is uncomfortable as hell, but my low top boots are still good.

Nice.

I went and checked out the 2007 Yamaha R6s yesterday. Icky. /shudder

The new style of putting intake holes in the dead center of the fairings (What, do they think it gives it nostrils ?) is an ugly trend.

The break in was easy: Don't keep it at one RPM for too long, don't let it idle for too long. Stretch it through the RPM range, and don't blip the throttle. Change RPM smoothly.

Makes sense to me.

As far as fast ? I haven't had it out of 1st gear yet. They didn't give me a plate last night, so I was up and down in the driveway. Tonight I'll take it out on the road in front of my house, but tomorrow I'm getting my permit.

Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Nice.

I went and checked out the 2007 Yamaha R6s yesterday. Icky. /shudder
damn you! blasphemy. i love my r6. it was the most comfortable of the new bikes (to me) and looked the best. the gsxr is ugly as hell, the kawi front end doesn't look right. i guess it's the whole "round headlights in triangle cutouts" and the cbr looks like a something from the thundercats.

i guess it's like cars though. everybody likes something different.

Yeah. The bike doesnt look that bad, hell its kinda sexy. The front end intake/headlight setup is kinda weird, but it doesnt look THAT bad. I sat on it, and all you see is unfinished plastic snap on covers. Its ugly as hell to look at when you are sitting on it. And hopefully, thats the view you will be seeing the most.

And it didnt fit me at all. It was like doing yoga trying to shift the thing. The 2006 was much better. Although even that one was hell to control. And the location of the exhaust on both bikes makes lower control modification impossible. Unless you went with a custom exhaust.

Luckily, I dont have the cash to go buy a bike, so I can sit back and complain. No buyer stress here. I refuse to finance anything ever again.

Well, Maybe a house. we'll see.

Yeah. The bike doesnt look that bad, hell its kinda sexy. The front end intake/headlight setup is kinda weird, but it doesnt look THAT bad. I sat on it, and all you see is unfinished plastic snap on covers. Its ugly as hell to look at when you are sitting on it. And hopefully, thats the view you will be seeing the most.

And it didnt fit me at all. It was like doing yoga trying to shift the thing. The 2006 was much better. Although even that one was hell to control. And the location of the exhaust on both bikes makes lower control modification impossible. Unless you went with a custom exhaust.

Luckily, I dont have the cash to go buy a bike, so I can sit back and complain. No buyer stress here. I refuse to finance anything ever again.

Well, Maybe a house. we'll see.
so what WOULD you buy then? there are only 4 bikes to choose from really.

No way, there are LOADS of bikes to choose from.

The Japanese bike set is the lowest priced series of all. But the Euro bikes are where I'm going next.

If this whole thing works out right, and I sell the Vega then I'll go this route (With a winter car)

And that engine site is AWESOME. All the things I've been thinking. a good read.

i mean in terms of sport bikes.

i know there are some low end bikes. then the buell of course. but i guess the big 4 are what i'm referring to.

Damn, 1 day to late on seeing this thread, my sister has an 02 (I think) Ninja 500 that she's selling for 2200 or b/o. Just needs a new front turn signal as it cracked...its Red.

:(

I'm probably going to be looking very seriously at a CBR 1000rr with modified pegs and a slightly extended swing arm. Modded pegs for my long ass legs, extended arm to make it a little less wheelie happy.

Reading the specs / technology in those bikes gives me a hard-on every time.

But alas, that is about 2 years down the road, at least. I'll be paying cash.

Last edited:
I'm probably going to be looking very seriously at a CBR 1000rr with modified pegs and a slightly extended swing arm.

Reading the specs / technology in those bikes gives me a hard-on every time.

But alas, that is like, 2 years down the road, at least. I'll be paying cash.
yeah, i like the electronic dampener. does it have mAd tyte vtack?

Damn, 1 day to late on seeing this thread, my sister has an 02 (I think) Ninja 500 that she's selling for 2200 or b/o. Just needs a new front turn signal as it cracked...its Red.

:(

I turned down that 500 with 1000 miles on it, mint shape for only $500 more.

She's gonna need to come down. I might still get it.

Back