Celerity's REAL 3rd bike of the year

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It was a jump. But if you get a chance, sit on a 1200. It's not bad. It was easier than the Interceptor 800. My friend's 1994 zx9R weighs a TON.

Sell them all and buy the 08 250... she already said she isn't going riding with you and you will have more fun on that thing than you could on a bigger bike right now.

If I can get my money, I would. I don't like hanging out at 10,000 rpm keeping up with traffic in 6th gear though. That's why I got rid of the 250 to begin with.

The GPZ is very comfortable and I think will deliver big bang for the buck.

It was a jump. But if you get a chance, sit on a 1200. It's not bad. It was easier than the Interceptor 800. My friend's 1994 zx9R weighs a TON.

And the above statement is coming from a guy who just dumped his 1200.

Im not trying to bust your balls or riding ability, but that was too big a jump for you. You were just not ready for the bike's power and should have gone half way with a 600.

There is a reason most people start out on 600's.

I dumped it because I stopped in a ditch, both times.

I can ride the 1200 just fine.

The bike was too tall for me, so I ordered the lowering dogbone. That night, I dropped it lightly in my driveway because my left foot was off the driveway into a slight ditch. Could happen on any bike.

The second time I dropped it, I would have dropped any bike. I did something stupid with the bars in a panic situation. Big deal.

The ONLY reason the bike is "too big" for me is that it's so goddam powerful that it's not fun to ride. It's fast as fuck, no doubt - but it takes so much concentration to not make a stupid mistake (I hit a bump in the road, and tighten my throttle grip and it shoots forward)

I'll never use 10% of what that bike can do. It's too big of an ENGINE.

As far as the frame, it's a bit too wide, but it's seat height is reasonable. The width makes it a bit silly to see me at a stop, and I only occupy half of the saddle.

Part 3: Clayton will tell you that I was too small for it. Fuck him.

Well, to further his statement along, most of us (including him) are "too small" for 1200cc's of road raep.. . .

Truly being able to ride a bike means you are capeable of beating the shit out of it and not getting hurt . . . If you will never use 10% of it, you are not really able to "ride" it.

Well, to further his statement along, most of us (including him) are "too small" for 1200cc's of road raep.. . .

Truly being able to ride a bike means you are capeable of beating the shit out of it and not getting hurt . . . If you will never use 10% of it, you are not really able to "ride" it.

Only those that have ridden something like this, the Blackbird / Hayabusa / 12/14ZX will understand what kind of sick, sick weapon this bike is. NO ONE can use more than 50% of it on a road that's publically accessible. Most of what it can do can only be done on a closed track. The only thing I could see full throttle for is if an A-Bomb explodes in your rearview.

this thing is a rolling superlative, it's so fucking fast.

Only those that have ridden something like this, the Blackbird / Hayabusa / 12/14ZX will understand what kind of sick, sick weapon this bike is. NO ONE can use more than 50% of it on a road that's publically accessible. Most of what it can do can only be done on a closed track. The only thing I could see full throttle for is if an A-Bomb explodes in your rearview.

this thing is a rolling superlative, it's so fucking fast.

Yeah but while you are "grandmothering" your 1200, guys in 600's are watching you in their rear view.

I had a friend go thru the exact same thing as you. Bought a GXSR 1k for his first real bike.

All summer he was getting left in the dust of his friends with 600's and 750's. Then in August he rode a 600 . . . he liked the ability to really flex a bike so much that he traded in the 1k for an R6.

That's ok, because on most of my roads (The New England twisties) I left them behind on the 250.

And I mean... grandmothering... What are we talking about here ? I hang out at 100 on the highway, ride in the rain and are getting pretty good at the rear tire kick.

I'm no granny. I was more impressive in the 250 because it was simple: When gravity starts to win, slam the throttle on and it stands up. On the 12, I have to be VERY smooth or else the rear is kicking out.

But as I said before, until people start spending some time with a hyperbike, ya'all can shut the hell up. You have to ride this thing to understand it. It's a constant focus, constant "Smart decision" type of ride, and if I make the wrong decision I can easily cut my safety margins down. Fine for the track, not when my family is expecting me at home.

The 600 is a way better bike because it's (as you may expect, duh) half-way between the easy and fun 250 and the capable and more-than-enough 1200.

The 10k rap out has all to do with a sprocket swap and exhaust.

With the work my 04 250 has on it, the times itll still kick out in the 1/4 are in the mid to high 13s off the bottle. The only wy I have found to not have fun on this thing is long rides. Anything that is over 100 miles on a highway seems to get pretty boring really fast.

So.... RIDE THE 250!!!!

I'm sorry, did you say "the bottle" ? You juice the 250 ?

And I still had an iron ass that worked longer than 100 miles. The wrist gets cramped up because I can't let my hand off the throttle (OR it will drop from 75 mph down to 45 mph in the time it takes me to adjust my package) The 600 has some longer gears, the 1200 has so much gearing on it that I rarely saw 6th gear.

I think I'll be happy with the 600. Primarily because it's paid off.

My "newest to me" bike = 1986 GPZ 600 ninja

The newest, chronologically bike = 2007 Ninja 250 (Now traded in for..)

The "big boy" my ZX12. When I "sold" my ZX12, and was taking payments, I promised I wouldn't ride it anymore (Makes sense to me) but I HAD to ride a bike so I got the GPZ.

The Vespa is my girlfriends, but I ride it primarily because I have to get to work and I would have to pay $125 a month to park the xB there.

There was a bottle on the bike.........Raped a viper back in august..... LOVED IT!

Have to wait til I get it back together to put in a dyno though.

Oh and Steve.... I want a list of all the vehicles that you currently own OR drive regularly, cuz even I am getting confused.

There was a bottle on the bike.........Raped a viper back in august..... LOVED IT!

Have to wait til I get it back together to put in a dyno though.

Oh and Steve.... I want a list of all the vehicles that you currently own OR drive regularly, cuz even I am getting confused.

:yes:

I'll keep a rolling tally:

1977 Cosworth Vega. This car was purchased (Financed !) and intended to be a daily driver. The Cosworth is a RWD, LSD DOHC 2.0 liter formula engine carefully laid inside a lightweight Chevy Vega body, by the factory. It's 5 speed, gets about 30 mpg and screams all the way to a 9000 rpm redline. It sprung an oil leak, so I repaired that and then attempted to demonstrate it running for Turbomirage, at which point "something" burst into flames and now I have to re-wire the WHOLE thing with a haltech or megasquirt (the whole wiring harness is black wires with the same connectors, a nightmare). It's been sitting dormant for exactly 1 year now, while I look for timing belts and re-indexed timing gears for it.

I have a 1989 Subaru RX4 that I meant to be a side car now that I ride bikes in the summer. That car ran for 3 days before I blew the HG. During that repair, the heads are cracked, the block is valleyed and it needs a new motor (I'll be trying to ditch this, because I don't want to be $8000 into another car, ala CRX)

I also sorta have my 1987 CRX Si. I gave that car to my dad, actually. He drives a Jeep and gets like 19 mpg. The CRX is something I could NEVER sell because no one will ever pay me what i'm into, financially. So I get to occasionally enjoy it. Although it too has been busted for about 2 or so years. (I'm building another engine for it.. but with "spare" money because neither of us have the funds) I expect this to be done this year, and either I'll take over it again temporarily, or my dad will take it)

so I, personally, have 3 cars. none of which run and drive. For bikes I have, currently a 1986 GPZ (bought to replace the ZX12 which I thought was sold) and my 2001 Ninja ZX12R, which again I thought I was able to sell (The asshole threatened me to keep the bike until APRIL so I called the deal off)

My Girlfriend has a Release 3 Scion xB, which is bright green. I put Kosei K1s on it and some pret-a-porter stereo stuff in it and it just goes. She also bought a 2006 Vespa GT200 so she could go riding with me. (You know what it's like to ride a ZX12 alongside a Vespa?)

Awhile ago I got a chance to get an BEAUTIFUL Neon R/T. I had other cars at the time (A Brat, Loyale wagon and a Civic hatch) so I instead bought it and gave it to my mother. Well it looked beautiful, and I got compliments all the time (I even took it to show at some local shows). But that car broke every motherfucking weekend. most of the engine was brand new. You know what its like to build a twincam motor, part by part, from autozone ? It's not cheap, nor easy. So we traded the Neon in on a 2007 Yaris hatch so I wouldn't have to work on her car anymore.

So there ya have it. I don't actually OWN a running car now. I'm giving the Subaru away (To recover some losses)I have someone coming to look at the GPZ this weekend (Aw damn.. that's the bike I wanted to keep) and I'm putting the Cosworth engine and trans into a Lotus-7 esque kit car that I'll assemble over the course of the year. The CRX will continue to be split between me and my dad (It doesn't see snow or rain though).

Hopefully I can track down a Secma this year.

Back