Celerity's REAL 3rd bike of the year

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm going to slap the Cosworth, transmission and rear end into a car that's basically like this:
brooklandsBMW.jpg

I always liked that pre-war roadster look, like the bugattis and bentley sports cars. I like the polished rolled metals and copper cowls, but this kit uses a Motorcycle engine, I'll simply put the cosworth in it (Which looks like it belongs in there in the first place)

I'll need a Caterham frame in which to wrap with some custom metal.

EDIT: Or like a Marlin Sportster:
11.jpg

That's like saying "Trade your heroin for a bag of pot and don't get withdrawals"

Oh, I am trading it in. Or getting rid of it flat out.

The ZX12 can only be enjoyed on the track. Other than that, it's so goddam fast that if you make wrong moves it can jump out from under you.

And when NissanNinja said that he bottled his 250 it was a eureeka moment for me. I cant believe I never thought of that. Nitrous on a 250 for the occasional bursts of speeds IS PERFECT.

So 2008 Ninja 250 here I Come.

That is a really good idea I think I might have to do that next summer...

The 250 had what it took most of the time, it would beat any car out there. But sometimes, when some asshole tries to kill you, it's good to be able to go.

With a little tank, short lines, I'm not even sure how often I would need to purge. It's a BRILLIANT idea.

But I'm starting to paint the GPZ now, going orange. I'll see how that works out, and then in the spring I gotta get rid of this 12.

Attachments

• Moto - Kawasaki zx12r.jpg
    Moto - Kawasaki zx12r.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
It is, It's an EA82. $500 complete most of the time. Or, $500 for me to rebuild it. Either way, $500. I'll prolyl end up doing it too.

The 250 had what it took most of the time, it would beat any car out there.

That's a pretty bold statement for a 14 second 1/4 mile bike.

Pretty sad when my 4 door stock sedan will hang right with it if not pull out ahead.

That's a pretty bold statement for a 14 second 1/4 mile bike.

Pretty sad when my 4 door stock sedan will hang right with it if not pull out ahead.

You of all people shouldn't compare a car to a bike :) You know I'll whip you around corners and get 85 mpg to boot.

That's whats important. Lightweight, flickable and impressive economy.

Back