Celesta, and anyone else...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Reason why JL Amps sound so much better is because of the RIPS System in them.. They will do the same amount of power all day long and voltage does not make them fluxuate power output.. Even with 9.4 Volts a 500/1 did 544 watts on a Test bench that I had.. It shut off at 9.2 Volts but then back on with 9.4 it was doing Mid 500 watts again. JL amps are awesome in the sense.

eclipse is good, but not the best.

Rainbow or Morel. THE BEST SQ speakers in production. gonna pay to play tho

US Amps makes a super clean amp, its tube based. again, gonna pay.

and kicker resolutions are great components, and arent' that expensive either. but i'd have to agree, that for the money, kappa perfect is the way to go.

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Jan 6 2005, 05:05 PM
There 5 Channel is a nice amp on a Budget and I built many systems using that amp as the mainthing to power everything..
[post=442246]Quoted post[/post]​

That's what I have- it's a decent amp, but I need more power now.

Once again, it all depends on the individual.

Eclipse amps are great, but definately not Fujitsu's strength.
In terms of subs, I personally have never heard a better woofer than the Eclipse Titanium series 15". In my old 97 Accord, I ran 2 of them in a grossly undersized sealed box with two Rockford Fosgate BD1500's @ 2ohms (14.1 volts), and two Accucap 1f Digital capacitors. From the factory the amps tested at 1678 watts @ 2 ohms mono. I have never heard a woofer take on that much power and still retain full sonic fidelity and clarity (not to mention making me want to pass out from lack of oxygen).
On a 20 hertz sweep, you could actually hear every stage rising......majority of the other woofers I have heard just sound like a mash of bass until 35-40 hertz. This is what I liked about the Eclipses. Other woofers like the JL's and the Fosgate Power series put out more of an SPL, but didnt have as big as a "sweet spot" as the Eclipses. I even tried to use a subsonic filter and equalization unit to try and boost output in the very low subsonic bass frequencies but with little result. This is why, in my experiences, Eclipse owns in the world of woofers.

In terms of midrange speakers, all the speakers we have mentioned in this topic are comparible, but it all depends on your personal taste.

For Amps, lets just say if you get anything from JL, Rockford, USA Amps, Eclipse, Phoenix Gold ect.... you'll be happy.

P.S. I have a Rockford BD500.1 (658w @2 ohms x1) and a 12" Punch HX2 (500w RMS, 1000w peak) for sale, brand new in original boxes if anyone's interested :p

Nice. Looks like I'll have to take a "test drive" of a few Eclipse Titanium subs. I haven't seen any in a while.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 7 2005, 01:39 PM
Nice.  Looks like I'll have to take a "test drive" of a few Eclipse Titanium subs.  I haven't seen any in a while.
[post=442582]Quoted post[/post]​

Fore sure man, you'll be impressed. :thumbsup:

Check out the SW9152Pro 15" .... Those are the ones I had.

Coolness. Now I just need the cash for a new sub. I have a 10w3 in a custom box in the back of the Civic, and it's pretty good for me. I'm sure the Titaniums sound a bit cleaner, but probably not enough for me to want to spend extra cash on swapping one in. I don't exactly have the Civic laid full of Dynamat and the interior set up as a perfect audiophile sound stage.

:)

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 7 2005, 04:09 PM
Coolness. Now I just need the cash for a new sub. I have a 10w3 in a custom box in the back of the Civic, and it's pretty good for me. I'm sure the Titaniums sound a bit cleaner, but probably not enough for me to want to spend extra cash on swapping one in. I don't exactly have the Civic laid full of Dynamat and the interior set up as a perfect audiophile sound stage.

:)
[post=442639]Quoted post[/post]​

It's all good man.....The interior of my Accord wasn't set up like the Opera House either. We're all here for the same reasons anyways.......to listen to our tunes loud......whatever gets you there :lol:

Actually, I'm just here to have a really nice driving car with a very above average sound system... JL fits the ticket for me. :)

Back