Cell phone controlled garage door kit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

$70 a month is well worth it to be able to know what's going on at/in my shop 24/7, no matter where I am...I can even view a live feed of every room of my shop from my cellphone.

The peace of mind that my high-end customers get from me having that is worth the $70 alone...PLUS I can monitor my house while I'm at work.

It takes me under 4 minutes if I'm hauling ass/running red lights/etc to make it from my house to my shop...if I get an instant notification as soon as one of my alarms at the shop is triggered at 2AM, and I'm able to tear ass out the door and make it there before they leave and secure the area prior to the arrival of the authorities, it would be worth WELL more than $70...if someone were to bust in the window to my office at the shop, it would take them more than 5 minutes to be able to get into the actual shop area and get to anything of value, or even anything that they could attempt to steal. Unless my phone was off, the outcome would almost certainly be that they'd say "Fuck it" and leave, or that I'd catch them.

I expected better from you, B :-/

Again, I read it wrong. I read it as an app that monitors if you left your garage door open or not.... not a security system.

yeah thats weird comment dude, home security systems are no different then paying for medical insurance, life insurance or car insurance....it's piece of mind as well...

Im having ADT install the new Pulse system on the 17th. I worry about my two dogs with fires or someone breaking in and doing harm to them. For $50 bucks a month im doing what i can to keep them safe, its 100% worth it for me because they mean everything to me. As far as my personal things, other then my gun, i don't care as much, that's what home owners insurance is for.
I have this ADT system.

Too bad I only got it AFTER we got broken into and they stole all my wife's jewelry. This was almost a year ago and she is still torn up about losing all those family heirlooms..

It's nice to be able to arm/disarm your alarm from your phone too. :)

I have this ADT system.

Too bad I only got it AFTER we got broken into and they stole all my wife's jewelry. This was almost a year ago and she is still torn up about losing all those family heirlooms..

It's nice to be able to arm/disarm your alarm from your phone too. :)

that sucks man sorry to hear that.....unfortunately that's when most people decide to get them. My Hartford cop buddy's house got broken into December 2011, stole is jewelry and a few other things. Then he got the basic ADT installed.

Someone tried to break into his house again this November through the same back door and they were scared off. Only suffered the same broken window.

everyone thinks they are safe until hit with the blinding reality that they are not

Do you have a full system from ADT? ADT Pulse is the cheap/insecure add-on that introduces some "interesting" options for breaking in...

What's your current security system? Many commercial systems can integrate a garage door with little to no work.

EDIT:
I can't give any more advice than that, because of CT's horrible licensing process. Fuck CT.

Last edited:
Back